Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Captain next season

Who would you like to see as captain next season?

Mackay and Roberts were real legends who captained the promotion campaign but now they have gone who would you want this time?

I would say Green (if he stayed) or Huckerby

Why not give it to Shackell?OK, so he may not have the experience but he''s certainly put himself about in the middle of the back four putting the "real" skipper in his place....

I too would consider giving the job to Jason Shackell - he has perforned so well and looks a true leader - I would also like to see Craig Fleming confirmed as Club Captain

Simon Charlton is a possibility if he stays, Safri would set a good example, Shackell would get my support, basically anyone other than Fleming or Holt.

My first choice is Simon Charlton ( I like what he says when interviewed- seems very sensible and eloquent), second would be Deano (passion for the cause and never gives up).

If Green was captain material he would have pushed that defence higher up the field and commanded his box which he never does.

Only 1 candidate.  Has to be Shackell.  In the last few games of the season he seemed to be the only one of the back four with any organisational sense.

I say Fleming should stay captain to make it clear that he''s first choice center back.

Only joking.

SHACKELL - could become a lengendary team captain, he''s already shown himself to be the leader of the defence.

Leon McKenzie? If he was captain and everyone was looking to him for inspiration then everyone might put as much effort in as this boy, 110%. If not Shackell.

If he is still at the club, then Helveg. His wealth of experiance would be invaluable, plus the fact that he is captian of Denmark as well.

If he were to laeve, then Shackell. He has shown in his few games for the club to have the skills to be captain. He actually speaks and oraganises the defence and seemed to overshadow Fleming (bless him), when he was supposed to be the captain.

I say Helveg if he stays... and play him in the centre for chrissake!!!

We need new blood in the centre of the defence.  Jason Shackell is still learning and doesn''t need the extra worry.  Drury needs to continue to recapture his form and confidence.  Dean Ashton may be our best player but what on earth has he done to suggest he would be a good captain?  Let him get on with scoring goal and winning games.

A captain need to lead, organise and set an example.  He also needs to be worth his place in the team but not necessarily the best player.

Answer: Thomas Helveg.  He is a quality player in several positions, has respect from his team mates, is not afraid to do what needs to be done, is good with the press and making him take charge may satisfy the dreaded Morton Olsen

So, the most popular choice is Shackell for captain - I''ll have a pint of what you lot are drinking!!

Shackell all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

But i must say helveg would be an ideal captain if he stays

Shouldn''t be so hard to call... got to be Shacks. He has shown this season why he is ideal captain. I''m sure he would be ready for it even though he''s young lad.