Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

No bassong, fer, snodgrass, or hooper.

Got to say I was really hoping Redmond would get to start today, he looks to make things happen and I''ll bite both my arms off if he doesn''t have the crowd on their feet this afternoon. Fancy Hoolahan and RvW to link up well too. Also, we all know we''ll be stronger once Bassong and Fer are back for us - so - a good chance to test ourselves as a squad today...

OTBC

Up until about 5 mins ago we all knew there was no Bassong, Fer or Hooper.

Snodgrass is unexpectedly unavailable and now we are going to get battered? Chill out, at least see how we get on in the first half before raising the white flag to the mighty Everton.

We do get to see the improvement in bj, Howson, hoops and eb. It is the midfield that played a lot in that terrible run last season so, the only two changes in that line in personnel are Redmond and rvw, upgrades on what we have but with our best attacking player from last season off today there is a lot of pressure on our midfield players from last season.

But new season, I hope we get more players in so at we can adjust this midfield. Shame first game we are not with our strongest 11 but hey that is what we have and this is ow we will start.

Can still see us nicking it

A real shame about all the missing faces. Particularly Bassong - i''m always more confident when he''s playing. However It does give players like Elliot Bennett and Howson a real chance to put down an early marker. Both of those are players i feel we haven''t seen the best of yet. Let''s hope they are really motivated and take it with both hands. They both seem to have some talent but need to try and impact the game much more, it often seems to pass them by a bit. Here''s hoping Howson dictates the play with his passing and Bennett creates the chances for RVW. Time to step it up. (In a way it''s a shame that Ryan Bennett hasn''t been given that opportunity too)

Add Pilks & Tettey to those 4 & you have 6 players missing who would certainly make the match day 18. Shows strength we have now - which 6 will drop out? Fox, Butterfield & Ayala for definite plus prob E Bennett & I guess one of the fullbacks Garrido once Olsson fit?