Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Everton thread

[quote user="canarydan23"]I don''t care what anyone says, that greedy bastard Whittaker was trying to shoot.[/quote]Haha, turned out to be a nice cross though :o

[quote user="J"]still felt a bit out of the blue. [/quote]

This has nothing to do with Ipswich.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]So much wailing and hand wringing in here. Stiff upper lip boys! This has not been a bad opening game.[/quote]Agreed.There seem to be a few forgetting that we''re missing key players. Listening to the game it sounds to be a good game. I sometimes wonder if some fans expect us to dominate and spank every team we play?

Excellent save from Ruddy!

Wow - Bradley has a great beard!!great debut by redmond - he will be a great player for us, i''m sure.

As Hughton will no doubt say post match "if you''re not going to win the game you have got to make sure you don''t lose it" In other words a point will do ;-)

Great second half.I must admit I feared for us in the first half, but credit to the team they played much better.2 good goals and the wolf off the mark - and we didn''t lose our first game!!! :)

Considering the absense of a couple key players, we did well I guess. Still not sure on the style and way we set up personally, but hey ho. Be interesting to see a fully fit squad and what we can do with it.

Not our full squad and some tinkering needs doing so all in all a good result.

Decent game as I said at half time. Great to see Whittaker in shape as he give us more threat on right side than Martin does.

Our passing game needs to improve or we will have hard time against those sides we should be able to beat. Johnson didnt seem to be in form at all, but after Tettey came on the field our cover for centrebacks was so much better as he covers a lot of area.

I would hope we try next game with Tettey - Fer pairing to give us more mobility and better passing.

Anyway happy for the point and most of guys did well on the field even thought we had to counter more than play our own game. Cheers lads!

I feel so much better now than I did at this point last season, haha! Decent start with some positives. Everton looked strong going forward so I think all in all, a point is a good result.

I also take some comfort in knowing that we have Bass coming back in as well.

Overall a decent performance from watching on a stream, cracking goal by Wolfie, and as the commentator said "a draw was a fair result".

Beats the hell out of our opening performance last year.  When Basso and Fer come in, things look pretty good.

Considering the number of players not available this was a test of the squads depth which I thought we passed. Two good goals and Redmond showing his potential. Made for a nervous, long second half though.

[quote user="TexasCanary"]Considering the number of players not available this was a test of the squads depth which I thought we passed. Two good goals and Redmond showing his potential. Made for a nervous, long second half though.[/quote]

Well said.

Redmond and Whittaker the stand out players. Remain disappointed that we don''t go all out to win these type of matches. It will be interesting if we retain the Barcelona as opposition approach at Hull next week. Think we need four points from our first two games, and also a win against Southampton.

CH said Snoddy out due to groin unjury - nothing serious. Glad to see that he will be back next week though. Missed him today I felt. Glad to see that we have some decent depth now.

Few thoughts on the game on the train back.Positives- Garrido and Whittaker gave us real options going forward, added another dimension to our attack.- Redmond is a real threat.- Martin and Turner played well together.-RVWs goal was taken excellentlyNegatives- Wes had an off day meaning RVW was often left isolated.- We still sat too deep anr gave Everton too much space in our half.- Ruddy could not kick at all so we often gave the ball away straight from goal kicks.- Why wait until 85 to bring Olsson on? Never going to make an impact in that time.Overall we deserved a point and stick Fer, Snoddy, Pilks and Bassong in that squad and we have real options. Onwards and upwards!

That was a good game, and pretty encouraging considering we were far from full strength.

Certainly looking to pass it more this season, playing out from the back. Bit risky at times, but with confidence it will come.

Really really want to see Fer play live.

Comedy gold as usual guys[Y]

Keep it up for the rest of the season.

For those who can''t get to the games don''t bother with Rickyyyyyyyy''s match reports.. this is where you find out what you missed[;)]