Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Everton thread

Everton looking quite comfortable on the ball, don''t know possession stats but it must be at least 60/40 to them if not worse. Redmond looking good. RVW has had one header deflected for a corner but apart from that I don''t think we''ve created a chance in the first 45...

[quote user="iron_stan"]pretty even so far

could do with a bit more muscle in the middle of the park

city quite deep, wolfie looking a bit lonely chasing balls over the top, do need to be careful of getting on the counter when we go forward, been giving the ball away a fair bit 25 yards out

could go either way[/quote]

Agreed. I think that this is a highish quality game for a curtain raiser. Still think that Howson is better in an advanced role.

Yellowblood was about to post the same but thinking back Wolfie had at least two attempts at the beginning, admittedly not on target though!

Wolfs gone very quiet now, lack of service I know but perhaps go hunting( no pun intended) for yhe ball more!

Lets hope for the second half!!!!

OTBC

Well according to bbc its 11 shots to 3, With everton having one on target. I honestly can''t remember what that was though as Ruddy has had little to do.

That 11 shots is also flattering Everton, a lot were long range and/or high and wide. There has been little goal scoring opportunities, the best probably Van Wolfs. header which he might have done better with.

God Johnson''s and Howson''s building up play was frustrating. Bradders literaly gave ball away few times with good counter chance and Hoolahan had to drop at they level too many times to get our unit forward.

Other than that decent half, but lot of room for improvement. Redmond and Bennet both have been good, but Redmond''s final ball comes either too late or he makes wrong choise. If he can start to find his teammates better he will be great addition for us. Hoolahan and Wolfie were bit isolated at times, but Hoolahan at the moment is so important player on the field when we miss Snoddy. All of our chances and half chances came trough him. Wolfy makes good runs in channels, but other than that he has been bit out of game.

Both centre backs played quite well. Turner even took few risks with the ball to maintain posession, but few times kicked it out where it wasnt needed. Martin took unnecessary card, but other than that good game from him. Both fullbacks were a bit in trouble at some times. Whittaker made couple of few good tackles, but lost the ball ankwardly couple of times. Garrido was too easy to beat when 1 vs 1, but when unit was in formation he was solid. Have to raise thumbs up for Whittakers eager to get forward and shoot when opportunity. His forward runs gave us lot more options and forced opponent to defend him a bit closer.

Anyway a bit dissapointed our middlefield and hopefuly we can make better second half, but as said decent game thus far. Didnt remember how much I have missed football at weekend ^^ OTBC

[quote user="Rufus Smalls"]Everton looking quite comfortable on the ball, don''t know possession stats but it must be at least 60/40 to them if not worse. Redmond looking good. RVW has had one header deflected for a corner but apart from that I don''t think we''ve created a chance in the first 45...[/quote]

Possession

30/70!

It is flattering for Everton, but they''re still more threatening than we have been.PS: Nutjob is always a reliable source.

Looks like much of last season. They had 70% possession but not much scoring oopportunity.

Do what we did the last two preseason games. Get some sustained offense. We CAN win this!

elliot bennet needs to put on 2 stone and go play in the championship for 6 months. doesnt cut it this level right now.

tell you what though its going to be brilliant once we have a full fit first choice 11 out there. what we are lacking we have, just injured/suspended for this one.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Anyone got a stram link?[/quote]http://thefirstrow.biz/soccer/norwich-city-vs-everton-fc-frs906ba

tell you what though its going to be brilliant once we have a full fit first choice 11 out there. what we are lacking we have, just injured/suspended for this one.

Frustrating for today but exciting that we will have a big step up in quality for the next game already at the club.

my stream reckons 3 shots for us on target - none off. Everton were 6 on target and 6 off.

[quote user="the bristol nest"][quote user="UkraineCanary"]Possession 44/56 according to BBC Sport[/quote]

that more like the game I am watching.[/quote]

Yeah agreed!

what a br5illiant individual goal by whittiker - great determination - great goal!!!

He knows how to win, he had to at rangers.

Starchan said he is the most dependable Scottish player and he was in our team during our ten match unbeaten run.

I have preferred him to Martin at right back and I am delighted he has scored a great goal.