Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Everton thread

Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Martin, Garrido; E Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Redmond; Hoolahan; van Wolfswinkel

subs

Bunn (GK), R Bennett, Olsson, Butterfield, Fox, Tettey, Becchio. Come on lads!

dunno but thats a horrid looking back 4

after all the hype that line up is an anti climax.

and surely playing olsson on the left and redmond on the right would have been  a more sensible option

not very optimistic after seeing that :/

So quite much obvious lineup as Pilks and Fer are off limits, but what has happened to Snoddy? Or have I just missed some news. Less than hour to go!

Anyway good luck for our boys! OTBC

My ideal line up with bass and pilks out would of been very similar to the one chosen... only snodds for e benno.

very happy redmond is starting, suppose garrido is at LB so we actually have a sub for the wings,

the XI is looking strong, but we''re looking very thin on numbers right now on the bench... I only realistically see Becchio, Tettey, and ollsson being used.

Everton team as follows;

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Coleman, Barkley, Osman, Fellaini, Mirallas, Jelavic, Pienaar.

subs

Robles, Heitinga, Kone, Deulofeu, Naismith, Stones, Anichebe.

It''s a shock not seeing Snodgrass in there, thats out of the blue isn''t it?

With suspensions and injuries I''m personally pretty happy with that team, more adventurous than I expected, starting Redmond and not starting Tettey alongside BJ.

Say what you like about Martinez thats still a very strong Everton side, not an easy game.

Worried now! That looks like a very strong Everton side, and key players out for Norwich in Snodders, Bassong & Hooper.

people on twitter assuming his wife has gone into labour, as some had seen him around earlier today. whether it is plausible or not (how far is his wife into her pregnancy?) I don''t know, if it is, good luck to him but he will be missed today.

but thinking about it, the pace we have on the wings today, Whitts, benno and redmond!

We are missing three big spine players so this opener was always going to look a bit makeshift. This is a good attacking line up. It''s not a rousing affirmation of R. Bennett after the pre season but Martin has got his wish to play CB.

Butterfield and Fox on the bench interesting. Snoddy must be having post international niggles.

Even the most optimistic City fans must think this looks an underwhelming side. Shame for me not to have R Bennett in centre of defence; Snoddy obviously a mystery and just a general sense of plus ca change and all that. Still, a few Wolf-Redmond link ups alongside a solid day''s work at the back ... and all will be forgiven.

The only unexpected missing man as far as i can see is Snodgrass, why are we meant to be cr@pping ourselves all of a sudden?

It''s not our strongest side, but it looks competitive to me, Everton are tough opposition but their not so amazing that they will walk over that side in my eyes.

[quote user="Monty13"]The only unexpected missing man as far as i can see is Snodgrass, why are we meant to be cr@pping ourselves all of a sudden?

It''s not our strongest side, but it looks competitive to me, Everton are tough opposition but their not so amazing that they will walk over that side in my eyes.[/quote]

Exactly. The usual forum over-reaction.

Big game for eb, a player of whom I think showed last season no improvement on the year before and I thought another winger could have come in this summer, possibly we will be looking in January.

This is the worry for me with the midfield, it is the same midfield that struggled so much last year. Redmond is a welcome addition, hoops needs to be on top form today. Fer is a massive step up in quality from our midfield group and I do hope that we can get another lad in.

Defence is still quite tidy but looking forward to bassong coming back. Looking forward to the game, but I do think we do need that centre back, forward/ attacking midfielder pretty soon so we have better depth before the end of this transfer window,

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

How long will it take before someone suggests Snodgrass is being transferred. Oops....I think I just did it. [:D]

[/quote]Just seen Chris Kamara on Sky reporting from Upton Park, if you squint you can just make out Snoddy shaking hands with Big Sam.

need to get to HT o-o and then have a rethink as we are getting bossed here!

pretty even so far

could do with a bit more muscle in the middle of the park

city quite deep, wolfie looking a bit lonely chasing balls over the top, do need to be careful of getting on the counter when we go forward, been giving the ball away a fair bit 25 yards out

could go either way

[quote user="NWC"]need to get to HT o-o and then have a rethink as we are getting bossed here![/quote]

i wouldnt say bossed, we seem a bit too happy to let them have the ball at times

Redmond has looked our biggest threat so far - it would be good to see some more of him on the ball - maybe move him to Wes'' position for second half and replace wes?

We are playing totally different styles, Everton want a slow possession game, every time we get the ball were trying to move it forward quickly. We didn''t look bossed to me, fairly even on reflection.

I wouldnt say it was even at all. We''ve not had an attempt on goal yet, Everton controlling the game so far. Though thats not say they look better, as such. We just need to not be so defensive, as ever, as far as I''m concerned. Need to use our pace and movement, because long balls over the top for RVW aren''t going to cut it.