Sign in to follow this  
Xander11ncfc

I don't post often but view from the game...

Just having a quick read through and cannot honestly believe how negative people are (well I can knowing this forum but there we go). Anyone saying we were awful/negative/lucky have no idea.

Our tactics were spot on, Martinez focuses on passing and very little else, we pressed when needed too without over rushing and leaving space (something I will say Holt did last year on occasions but thats irrelevant). They had quality pace in Mirallas and Barkley with Fellaini having an easy time as we had no Fer to give us a taller stronger battler to compete with him, which caused slight problems.

At the back, Martin with numerous great blocks and Turner read the game well allowing a good solid back line. Their two goals, Barkley''s was a great hit, would need another look to see if we should have closed down better, and the only downside possibly was Garridos slowness for the second.

Otherwise, with technically our "spine" (other then RVW) out injured we were still very strong, Redmond played well, just needs to pick a pass which will come with age. Bennett did his job and great stuff from Whittaker down the right. In attack, Wes was very poor, taking players on and failing constantly, he really didn''t want to play a pass it seemed, but that is the frustration. Due to his poor performance we couldn''t fully see RVW getting chances, but he looked class! His movement caused hassles, ran when needed to and to score a header against two giant centre backs is a massive compliment. With a couple of players back from injury, we could have made better subs and pushed on but thats luck. Overall, would have loved a win but Everton played their strongest team and Martinez if anything cost them by taking the threat of Mirallas off and getting rid of a lot of pace.

Finally, again Russell Martins blocks were incredible! I had a great view of the one from Naismith after Ruddy''s save and it was world class.

Other than Hoolahan part I agree. Hoolahan in my opinion was great in first half. Few times he runned to the tackle, but had 3-4 great passes that gave us chance to attack and got over quickly Everton''s pressing. From 3 starting middlefielders he was way over other two.

Barkley''s goal was great hit, but Howson hesitated a bit at first when closing up which gave him that time to shoot.

Good to know about the hesitating, I wasn''t honestly sure as couldn''t see from my seat, if so that is disappointing, but suppose adds to a supporting factor that maybe someone like Fer would have been less nonsense about it

I agree that the negativity from some is bemusing and shows how ignorant many fans are!

Everton with that side all season will finish at least top 10!

We were without 5 players of whom 3 of them would have started!

We aren''t fully functional yet but if we do we''ll have enough to finish above the bottom 3!

Barkley'' s goal was the 3rd time he unleashed a cannon shot. The others were close, but he kept getting open enough to unload those blasts. A shame we couldn''t shut him down sooner.

Kind of hard to plan for a relative unknown though.