Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Cheer up - look at this time 2 years ago

Just been looking at the 2003/04 Club Handbook

Our squad at the time of publishing was -

Goalies - Green, Crichton

Defenders - Brennan, Briggs, Drury, Fleming, Mackay, Shackell

Midfield - Easton, Francis, Holt, Mulryne, Sinclair and Russell (although I think he''d already gone)

Strikers - Roberts, Rivers, Nielsen, McVeigh, Jarvis, Henderson, Abbey

Are we in a stronger position now than we were then ?

You bet your life we are.

Feel better now ?

It was less than 2 years ago that we lost at Northampton in the cup. Are strikeforce was Mcveigh and Nielson (his last game), and our most potent threat was Rivers....says alot!

[quote]Exactly MPFN! Look how much we have come on in such a short space of time. Thank you Nige- You''re a legend[/quote]

Thank you DDIM, the compliment is reciprocated.

It''s also worth pointing out I think, for those with short memories and somewhat blinkered vision, that this squad actually got us to the top of the league, or as near as damn it too it, before we recruited the likes of Huckerby, Mckenzie, Svensson etc

Looking at our current squad it is patently obvious that it much much stronger than the Class of 2003. If we can keep the backbone of this squad, and I don''t include Green & Francis in that, plus add new players in 3 or 4 key positions, then I think we have a squad that can regain Premiership status.

As I''ve said before, for numerous reasons it won''t be easy, but I think we will have by far the strongest squad in the division which will give us every chance of emulating the 2003/4 squad.

By the way, Rangers, my second team, have just won the Scottish title - miracles do happen