Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Whittaker

Ldc I do not often agree with you but I have always felt Whittaker was the better player.

During our 10 game run in the middle part of the season Whittaker was right back, when Martin came in goals came down that side, Whittaker has rangers fc expectations of winning each game. I think he adds a great deal of class, experience and winning mentality.

Martin can become a good centre half and is a good right back but certainly not irreplaceable and Whittaker is more than capable of keeping him out of the squad be pleased to see him at right back against hull.

i agree whittaker is a better right back. is a martin a better centre back than turner ? theres something about martin that makes me want him in the starting eleven tho. made a couple of excellent blocks today, thought turner played well too tho. its a good problem for hughton to have

This point was raised on the positives thread. If you pour over that one you will find loads of good points you can start threads about!

Great stuff pushing forward down the right flank. If only others had shown as much endeavour and initiative.Still a little concerned about his defensive work at times. Partially due to his lack of pace, and part due to a lazy midfield allowing him to get overrun. But going forward he did more today than anyone in midfield or attack.

["Pyro Pete"]Great stuff pushing forward down the right flank. If only others had shown as much endeavour and initiative.Still a little concerned about his defensive work at times. Partially due to his lack of pace, and part due to a lazy midfield allowing him to get overrun. But going forward he did more today than anyone in midfield or attack.

Very true!

I think Martins better at CB than what he is at RB!

Ruddy. Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson. Fer Hoolahan Redmond Benno. Hooper RvW my team vs hull! I know this isn''t a thread to do with that but I''d rather russy Martin cb than turner although turner looked decent today! But Whittaker was superb today! Deserved motm but well done redmond! Looks awesome prospect

[quote user="Pyro Pete"] and part due to a lazy midfield allowing him to get overrun.
[/quote]

There could be some fair criticisms levelled at some things in our midfield.

Being lazy isn''t one.

Harsh and wrong. Miles off the mark.

Whittaker is a good player. He gives you more on the ball than Martin does. You can quite clearly see that. He has a better idea of how to link up with his team mates and he''s got it in him to beat a defender when he goes forward.

Was there ever a resolution to his defection to Norwich from Rangers. I seam to recall it revolved around his contract was with a team that did not exist any longer ?

I really like Whittaker, its so nice to have an attacking full back who runs at people and try''s to beat his man and also has a decent eye for goal.

He did however today, and I''ve seen it before, make a couple of shocking defensive errors, he gifted the ball to someone early in the first half just outside the penalty area and was lucky nothing came of it.

I think thats why Martin might get the nod, but I actually hope not, I''m not going to beat the cautious Chris drum but I think Martin is seen as the more dependable defender.

I''d like to see him play just in front of the back four if we ever play a 4-1-4-1, he certainly has the passing, control and calmness required for this role.