Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Very, very lucky to draw

Edit: Wes off for Tetey with Howson pushing up into Wes''s role.

Sad that I have to add this however Im sure someone would troll me if I didnt add this disclaimer *snore snore snore*further evidence for a Edit funcion on this stone age forum !

If it carries on like this, we''ll end the season on 38 points with a zero goal difference.  Time to sack Hughton and bring in some new blood.

I''ll take the point. All the goals were class. I think we gave Everton too much time on the ball but coming back from a goal down in the second half, I''ll take it any time.

Given that we were playing a pretty decent Everton side, and we had a lot of injuries and suspensions, I didn''t think that was too bad really. Just about worth our point and I''m very hopeful for next week at Hull.

Have a feeling Fer''s return may be big for us.

A lot of key players missing, very happy with the point but we were lucky to get it. Possession wise nearly 70% 30% in Everton’s favour and they had 20 shots, 7 on target. We had two shots on target, both went in, so those saying it was a fair result are probably being a tad bit biased.

Not even close to 70% possession to Everton. That said, it is true they had most of the ball but our counter attack was so much quicker than last year. You can see how much better we are going to be once Fer comes in and we get a few more games under our belt. The Wolf''s header was class.

that was pretty much Everton''s first choice side today and they still couldnt beat us with the players we had out missing. Next week we could quite conceivably have Bassong,Fer,Snodgrass,Pilkington,Hooper and as is rumoured Elmander all available for selection?

a good base to start from today............lets judge us when we have a full squad to pick from.

quote Bill Car "A lot of key players missing, very happy with the point but we were lucky to get it. Possession wise nearly 70% 30% in Everton’s favour and they had 20 shots, 7 on target. We had two shots on target, both went in, so those saying it was a fair result are probably being a tad bit biased."

Not really, it was agreed by all the pundits on Final score and the BBC reporter at Carrow Road that it was a fair result, and they are about as unbiased as you can get.

Not sure where the heck you got 70% possesion stats from, the bbc have it down as 56% Everton / 44% us which sounds about right!

Shooting stats can be a bit misleading to, they didnt exactly have many clear cut chances and neither did we. All in all it was pretty even.

Oh here we go again, embarrassing crap. 
We played well against a very good side who finished 6th last season and haven''t lost any of their top players. 
We created chances, we had a #9 who looked head and shoulders above the Grant Holt that we had last season, we were missed at least two or three players who would have started, we defended well/bravely, and one of the two goals conceded was a wondergoal from a kid who looks like he is a genuine talent (rather than the typical over-rated guff that England usually picks as its future stars).
The BBC had possession at 44% - 56%, probably accurate, and yes while Everton looked much more dangerous in most of the game we buried our chances. It beats having the upper hand and not sticking the ball in the net. 
The only difference between Everton and Norwich today was that they were physically stronger, we got bullied a little bit, Everton are one of the more physical teams in the league. Snodgrass usually gets stuck in and last season at home he kept Baines quiet all game.
Barkley was knocking our players off the ball with ease all game too, but he wouldn''t have fancied being up against Fer. Van Wolfswinkel started to tire at the end, Hooper would have got minutes and would have had a good go at ruffling up a few feathers at the back, and Bassong is the strongest centre half we have.
Considering the circumstances - playing against a big physical team without three players that you would almost certainly have started in a game which was almost certain to be physical - I think the players did an excellent job and held their own. 
I was actually afraid when seeing the starting line up of Van Wolfswinkel, Redmond, Bennett and Hoolahan that we were going to be completely bossed today. We were a little, but all those players got stood up to be counted and have come away with a decent point. 
I can''t think of a single thing to moan about, not a single bad individual performance today. Garrido''s crossing perhaps, Howsons passing in the first half, but every player was at least a 6.5/10 and there will be lesser teams capitulate against us this season. Hopefully starting with Hull.

It''s a decent result. Possession and passing accuracy need improving but is not a major concern yet, I feel with the addition of Fer and Snodgrass it will get better. Everton also pressed very high (as can be expected from a Martinez team) which no doubt disrupted are passing as well. In general though, we were quite positive, looking to keep the ball when we had it and use the width of the pitch. We attempted 20 crosses today and the number of crosses will more than likely increase with possession. I can see our wide players being our main creators this season.

jossackland''sspunkybackpack wrote the following post at 2013-08-17 8:54 PM:

Dominated at home again. Same old negative football. Same old negative subs. Same old Chris Hughton. Meanwhile Lambert''s Villa beat arsenal 3-1.

So what game were you actually watching! Certainly not the same one as me!

[quote user="City 2nd"]jossackland''sspunkybackpack wrote the following post at 2013-08-17 8:54 PM:

Dominated at home again. Same old negative football. Same old negative subs. Same old Chris Hughton. Meanwhile Lambert''s Villa beat arsenal 3-1.

So what game were you actually watching! Certainly not the same one as me![/quote]

Speaking of AV v Arsenal...

How many games are we going to see decided by bad calls this year? It''s a foregone conclusion that MU will benefit from this often-it''s tradition!-but today was very surreal.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"][quote user="City 2nd"]jossackland''sspunkybackpack wrote the following post at 2013-08-17 8:54 PM:

So what game were you actually watching! Certainly not the same one as me![/quote]

Speaking of AV v Arsenal...

How many games are we going to see decided by bad calls this year? It''s a foregone conclusion that MU will benefit from this often-it''s tradition!-but today was very surreal.[/quote]

His post was at 4.54pm and that should give you a clue.He wasn''t at the game.

it should also be noted that there are virtually no other posts under that nameanother troll using multiple login namesor just the original name changedeither way best thing is to ignore him (or her)

Well i''m finally homeChuffed with the resultThought Everton looked class tooLoads of positives for us and we weren''t even playing all our starting 11 So happy for the Wolf !

With that line up we had today. Drawing 2-2 against that Everton side. I''m pretty sure we are going to be fine with a fully fit side who knows what we will do.

I thought we would have got a hiding today.

Still no opening game win since Grimsby

Everton had more about them than us but we are still a tough nut to crack and while Everton looked more likely to win we more than done enough to get the draw!

Shut the fuck up! Fed up of people moaning after a draw! At least we got a point! Everton are a decent team and I think we played well! Ok a bit defensive but we look good on the counter! I wish people would stop moaning! Lots of positives to take from today!

Chuffed with the result. We had Seb Pilks Snodgrass Fer and Hooper missing and still came away with a point against a good team. On top of that our striker put away his one chance of the game.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Edit: Wes off for Tetey with Howson pushing up into Wes''s role.

Sad that I have to add this however Im sure someone would troll me if I didnt add this disclaimer *snore snore snore*further evidence for a Edit funcion on this stone age forum ![/quote]

Function ;)

Happy considering Bassong, Fer and Snoddy wern''t playing.

It is unfortunate that Hoots doesnt play the most attractive football but at least it''s good for our long term ambitions.

i have been one of the most fervent of Hughton doubters in the passed but to be honest i didn''t see what other choices he had to play yesterday. 5 first team players unavailable and still short up front by one his hands were forced. If however we should add another forward and all 5 are available and we still play 1 up top i shall be the first to question it.

[quote user="J"]I wouldn''t say lucky, but I''d agree that there is some way to go but that''s expected. We looked better in the second half, and it was a much more entertaining game and hopefully we can build on this result. At times it was frustrating but give it a couple games. With a fully fit squad we could have ourselves a very enjoyable season.[/quote]

This is how I see it, I think we''ve got goals in us this season which was the main problem last season. I''d bet right now there''s easily going to be three worse teams than us. I''d say mid-table at the very least for us this season. Redmond looks quality something special. Also can''t wait to see a fully fit side playing if we had I think wed of had the 3 points today also.

Firstly, the OP is an idiot.

If you''re not a troll, you should be ashamed of yourself for posting such utter boll ocks

...and if you are, you should still be ashamed of yourself for having a username like that. As funny as Brass Eye was, I have no idea how you''re able to get away with it on a forum accessible to all ages.

Your trolling is crap anyway. Toolbox