Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Very, very lucky to draw

Brilliant, you know it''s the first game right? Could maybe hold off on the Hughton bashing at least until we lose a game? :)

was not the best performance for sure but its a bit early to be having to much of a go. You can see we still lake some cutting edge going forward, but if we can supply wolf he will get his fair share of goals this season. Don''t forget we had 4 players missing, 3 of which would have started. I still think we need 2 more players to make things happen, another No10 and CB. Anyhows when you don''t play well and get something from the game its a good result.
And fudge to Lambart, don''t you think its time to change the record?

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]Dominated at home again. Same old negative football. Same old negative subs. Same old Chris Hughton. Meanwhile Lambert''s Villa beat arsenal 3-1.[/quote]

Do be sure that you pick up all of your used tissues once you''ve reached your attention seeking quota.And once you''ve removed yourself

from your self imposed victim mentality, you will notice that we were

missing quite a few key players.Thanks for playing though.

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]Dominated at home again. Same old negative football. Same old negative subs. Same old Chris Hughton. Meanwhile Lambert''s Villa beat arsenal 3-1.[/quote]And if the previous message wasn''t clear enough, I''ll try another approach...5uck off you sad excuse of a fan.

I wouldn''t say lucky, but I''d agree that there is some way to go but that''s expected. We looked better in the second half, and it was a much more entertaining game and hopefully we can build on this result. At times it was frustrating but give it a couple games. With a fully fit squad we could have ourselves a very enjoyable season.

yer we shoulda gone all out and lost. they were playing two very quick and good full backs. get a life mate. pi$$ off and support villa if u so obsessed with what their doing and how they playing

[quote user="J"]I wouldn''t say lucky, but I''d agree that there is some way to go but that''s expected. We looked better in the second half, and it was a much more entertaining game and hopefully we can build on this result. At times it was frustrating but give it a couple games. With a fully fit squad we could have ourselves a very enjoyable season.[/quote]

Great perspective, J!

In your other thread you stated that you would "bite your hand off for a draw." Did we play sparkling champagne football in our first game of the season? No. Did you get your wish? Yes. Cheer up. Could be 5-0 to Fulham again.

Yeah, I''m sure we''d win in a similar fashion to Villa if, like them, we are gifted 2 soft penalties and get our opponents best defender sent off.

We did very well today and it bodes well for the season. Everton are good and so are we. But we will look better by the end of the month, with the return of Bassong, Snodgrass, Hooper and Fer, as well as the final few signings of the summer.

I''m happy! Bring on Hull.

I talked with Villa fan while watching our game and heard they got 2 penalties which only 1 was really penalty and Vermaelen was given unjust red card ^^ could explain a bit why they won.

Other than that our guys had a good game and only reason we defended so much was that our middlefield gave ball away too many times. When we had the ball we attacked with full strenght.

Also by looking our sub bench before the game those subs would have been my choise too after Redmond started to fade and Johnson - Howson had problems with defending our back four.

Anyway as someone already stated here, go support Aston Villa, if you cant watch us play without complaining ^^

There are all sorts of people who support Norwich City, in all sorts of different ways.

Unfortunately the OP isn''t among their number.

OP take your wet knickers and literally pi$$ off. It''s the first game of the season and we have several key players missing I thought we did great. Oh and as for being the same as last year I don''t think last year we would have been able to pull a goal back. The way we did that is encouraging for me.

When I saw both starting line ups I said a,draw would be a good result. For me it''s a great point. Some bashers just seem to forget where we were four seasons ago when we could only dream of taking points off teams like Everton.

Get some of the lads back and we can push on. 3pts at Hull wouldn''t be a bad follow up.

Pleased with a point and now have to go out and listen to all those poor Sunderland supporters in Durham whining about how they were robbed......shame

OP is a w@#ker , don''t support Norwich and head back South! Considering the players missing, we did well and I believe draw was fair result.

[quote user="canarycop"]When I saw both starting line ups I said a,draw would be a good result. For me it''s a great point. Some bashers just seem to forget where we were four seasons ago when we could only dream of taking points off teams like Everton.

Get some of the lads back and we can push on. 3pts at Hull wouldn''t be a bad follow up.

Pleased with a point and now have to go out and listen to all those poor Sunderland supporters in Durham whining about how they were robbed......shame[/quote]
Hull will be a tricky game IMO, OK we should beat them but they will have the 1st home game in the prem buzz.

Well, having heard the final score on Radio Norfolk, I can tell that we must have been awful and I think we''ll be relegated by the end of November, possibly the middle.We should have been 10-0 down after 3 minutes. This will be the worst season I''ve ever seen Norwich have in the 3 months I''ve been following Norwich Canaries.

lol K Lo

Thought we were fortunate as it wasn''t Hughton''s first choice team on the pitch and Everton had a lot of experienced PL quality. It with was entertaining and we saw some exciting moments of play demonstrating how much better it will be this season.

For the 17th strongest team financially to get a draw without our best 2 players from last season and without our most expensive midfielder against the 7th strongest team financially is a  decent result. You would have to be a troll or have a very low IQ not to realise that.

A few areas of concern (keeping possession being the main one) but on the whole I''m happy with that. Everton are a very strong side and we had a large number of first team players out and we all know how the first game usually goes for us.

Thought we had a better balance and it was nice to see us playing the ball out from the back, good to have some pace in the side too.

Imagine that squad today but with a ready to go Olsson and with Bassong, Fer, Pilkington, Snodgrass and Hooper available and the future is very encouraging. Not to mention if we''re able to get Quag...

[quote user="jossacklandsspunkybackpack"]Dominated at home again. Same old negative football. Same old negative subs. Same old Chris Hughton. Meanwhile Lambert''s Villa beat arsenal 3-1.[/quote]You sir must be a banker and is your second name Thwaite ?Good performance from Norwich, i guesss it didnt look very good on the radio ? Team actually got a lot more attacking with Wes off for Howson and how was bringing Olson on as an attacking winger negative ?Considering our injuries and the fact it was the first game of the season ( which we always lose ! ) we played some great stuff. Anyone who can be negative after than needs to support a different team !