Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

The Wellbeck love in continues

MOTD - ok so he scored 2 goals but no mention in the analysis that he gave one away at the other end.Just one PL goal last season, 2 in the first game this season & suddenly he''s the greatest thing since sliced bread..

[quote user="Making Plans"]MOTD - ok so he scored 2 goals but no mention in the analysis that he gave one away at the other end.Just one PL goal last season, 2 in the first game this season & suddenly he''s the greatest thing since sliced bread..[/quote]Unfortunately we have to cling to every little bit of English hope we have these days.Unsurprising the theme on MOTD tonight seems to be English talent.

Sir Alex, the best manager ever in my book, and many others, rated him. Yes he''s had some flops, but Welbeck was fairly regular under. And RVP the best current out and out striker in the PL, if not the world, praised him.

I know that''s a pretty lame argument to defend a player but I feel it''s important to consider, I''m not his biggest fan, but I think worse than the ''love in'' are the people who think he''s rubbish.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sir Alex, the best manager ever in my book, and many others, rated him. Yes he''s had some flops, but Welbeck was fairly regular under. And RVP the best current out and out striker in the PL, if not the world, praised him. I know that''s a pretty lame argument to defend a player but I feel it''s important to consider, I''m not his biggest fan, but I think worse than the ''love in'' are the people who think he''s rubbish.[/quote]

Yeah, of course RVP is going to praise him.

But you''re right anyway. Basically, you don''t play regularly for Utd and England if you''re not a bit good.

And Welbeck is more than a bit good. Not sure he''ll ever be a real natural goal scorer but he''s a very talented player.

For me welbeck is a slightly more controlled version of paolo wanchope. For thos that remember him. I seem to recall he said about himself ''how can defenders know what I''m going to do when I don''t even know myself'' . This fairly accurately sums up welbeck

[quote user="icoopius"]For me welbeck is a slightly more controlled version of paolo wanchope. For thos that remember him. I seem to recall he said about himself ''how can defenders know what I''m going to do when I don''t even know myself'' .

This fairly accurately sums up welbeck

[/quote]

Not really at all.

Welbeck had an excellent game yesterday and his finish for the second goal was beautiful.  Welbeck and Sturridge could be a great pairing for England in the future, if Sturridge gets more ruthless.Don''t see what the moaning''s about here, but as we didn''t lose yesterday I suppose we need to hate on something.