Sign in to follow this  
Bill

What about the positives ?

fark the pantwetters/trolls/closet binners etc

I have -a cracking opening game to the seasonplayers willing to take on the opposition (as in days of yore)stunning one man goal from Whittakersuperb headed goal from RVWTettey looked very strong and positive when he came on, not just trying to hold onto the leadHowson showing why we signed himMartin with some brilliant blocksand a starting line up that took most of us by surprise, but certainly didn''t look any lesser for thatany more ?

Two of our players of last season are yet to return in Snodgrass and Bassong along with Hooper and (most importantly I predict) Fer.

The amount of people I have heard claiming we were lucky to ''scrape a draw'' is absurd.

I don''t any of these people actually went to the game, because if you did you would have seen the superb fighting display our lads had despite suffering from going down quickly.

And it wasn''t even our strongest team IMO!

[quote user="City1st"]fark the pantwetters/trolls/closet binners etc

I have -a cracking opening game to the seasonplayers willing to take on the opposition (as in days of yore)stunning one man goal from Whittakersuperb headed goal from RVWTettey looked very strong and positive when he came on, not just trying to hold onto the leadHowson showing why we signed himMartin with some brilliant blocksand a starting line up that took most of us by surprise, but certainly didn''t look any lesser for thatany more ?

[/quote]^^^^^^^ very much this.

Great block by Garrido,

Good to see us playing football from the back

Benno looks as if he has muscled up a bit and looked a lot stronger and more confident

Whitaker outstanding and now gives Hughton an interesting dilemma when Seb is back, where does Martin fit in.......

Great competition now for places in virtually all positions.

I don''t normally say it but very good post City 1st. Lot of positives today.

solid display minus 5 players all quite likely to be starters most weeks

cant wait to see a fully fit first choice 11

i dont really see what negatives there were from today, i was a bit scared by the look of the back 4, and the wolf had to chase quite a lot of long balls but a point against a decent everton team is not to be sniffed atcould have been a lot worse

think we would have won with all players available

Nothing for anyone to moan about today, we were missing some key players and i feared we would struggle against a full strenth Everton side. When we have our full squad available i think we will be a very strong team. Very happy with today and exited for next weekend now.

I thought we would struggle a little with players in our midfield who had flattered to deceive last year and eb who had struggled the whole of last season.

I have to say delighted that we got a draw and that those players all played very well. We will see a much different team at hull and I am glad we will snoddy, fer, hooper and possibly pilky and bassong makes that first team a team that hull will fear.

player for player we have a stronger team than hull, so delighted we can pull of a result like this and look forward to our better players coming back in to provide us with the ammunition to beat them

our reserve team drew against Everton...

if Fer, Hooper, Bassong and snoddy had been fit and able and not suspended we''d have p!ssed on them today.

good result and a decent opening game. little bit scrappy at times but to be expected with early season rust to shake off...

gonna be a good year :D

Good to see the FA Youth Cup winning team on the pitch pre game, add all this together ..... bodes well!

Totally agree with OP. I would add N Redmond doesn''t look out of place at this level on this showing either. Decision making was hit and miss but rest of his game looks class.

more positives -not beaten on the opening gamecrowd stayed with the team (noise)RVW getting ''stuck in'' - it''s the PL after all

................... and seeing the faces of the scouse gobsh ites after our second

Herman wrote the following post at 2013-08-17 11:07 PM:

I don''t normally say it but very good post City 1st. Lot of positives today.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly what he saiid. A good fighting display and well worthy of a point.

Totally agree with City 1st and all on this thread. For the first game of the season with key players missing against a top side this was a valuable point. At 2 -1 down I feared the worst but the character was great and Hoots made an excellent and timely sub too!

Good game and fair result for me against a top 10 team. Hughton made the very valid point that Everton started with a full strength tea, in turn we were minus Snodgrass, Hooper, Bassong and Fer all of which would have probably played if fit, shows how much better our squad is to  cope with such important losses

Positives? Here goes:

-Proved that our bench has depth.

-The Wolf made his first kill. I suspect there will be many more to come.

-Nathan Redmond showed his metal, and that metal was quick silver (technically a heavy metal, but still...)

-Whitaker got some time in the spotlight. Well deserved.

-Took a scalp from a surprisingly feisty Everton.

-That fantastic beard.

For me the best thing that happened today was Van Wolfswinkel scoring a debut goal. Whenever you spend big on a striker the last thing you want is to be ten games in and they still haven''t got off the mark and the pressure just keeps building. Getting him off to a good start could actually be vital for our whole season. Also Redmond looks a really exciting prospect - seems to have a knack of just gliding past opponents. What with him, the Murphy twins and Morris etc we have potentially some of this countries brightest young talents at our club. I hope some of the later will get a chance to show what their about as well some point this season. Also was impressed with Tettey today. Personally thought he was the best of the three to play in centre mid today. Also we didn''t get whooped 5-0 against an average team like we did this time last year - we were playing against a good full strength Everton team with 5 of our best players missing. Infact we even got a decent result without playing well - isn''t that meant to be a sign of a good team? Hope so.

Other than a sentimental negative in regards to Wes showing that he probbaly is surpless to requirements by about January I dont think a single negative can be taken from today ?Those scouse fans really were scumbags was hilarious how they sung for about 15 minutes between thier first goal and the Wolfs.

Positives - 1. Redmond - excellent with the ball at his feet, complimented Elliot Bennett very well, often switching flanks with him making it difficult for the opposition to mark both of them.2. RVW - Pace and power, looked good in possesion and took his goal really well. Grant Who?3. Tettey - Looked refreshed after a break, like the player that we had playing during our unbeaten run last season.4. Whittaker - Or should I say Steven Messi? Great run, lovely one-two with the post, crisp finish from a tight angle. More please.5. Fer, Pilkington, Bassong, Hooper and Snodgrass - Non making the bench, looks like the strongest squad Norwich have had since Mike Walker''s team took the Premier League by storm. In fact mentioned to my uncle today that if we had this squad back then we would have probably stayed 12 points clear for the rest of that season (not saying we will this year!!!).6. Another point gained from a loosing position - Now an established Norwich City tradition, good to see it continue even with all of the foreign players now plying their trade at Fortress Carrow Road.Negatives - 1. 2 goals conceeded - I know it''s a bit picky but I do feel that we look a bit lightweight at the back without Seb. Could do with another class CB.

All in all an acceptable start to the season. With the possible addition of Elmander and another center back things are looking very rosy for the Canaries this season.Grade - B+

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Nobody mentioned Ruddy? It''s great to have him back in the sticks. Pulled off a couple of good saves today and always a good presence in the team.[/quote]Good to have him back, but, as a member of the goalkeeper''s union, I expect that he will be very disappointed that for Coleman''s goal he, a. didn''t hang on to the first shot or b. palm it away from danger. On today''s performance - 5.5/10. Much room for improvement, but could have done with more support from his defence for both Everton goals.

Great to see Redmond figure out after a few early tries when to pass, and the crowd respond favorably to that.

Great that RVW adapted to the rough and tumble style that is the Prem.

Ruddy was nails!

Downside for us here in the US was the lack of commentary at halftime on games not shown on the main channels. Seemed very cheap especially considering what NBC paid for the broadcast rights, but at least all games were live so I didn''t have to wait up to 6 hours to see the game. But they can join halftime productions in progress. They do it with NFL all the time.

Wolfswinkel''s Goal....It just gets better every time you see itIt is a world class headerIt''s for goals like that you pay £8.5 millionJust think of the confidence it''ll give him for Hull City Lion King or whatever they are called now.