Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Another Scouse Fan On The Pitch.

So Everton score their opening goal of the season and one of their fans decides to run on the pitch and join the players in their celebration. He is promptly taken away by the stewards but whatever made him do such a stupid thing ? It was hardly a last minute winner against a bitter rival that won them the League or FA Cup and he got caught up in the excitement. Mind you the last time an idiot ran onto the pitch was that fool of a Liverpool supporter.

I see a pattern developing here or am I being unjust to those poor put upon scousers and sit back and accept their antics.

What I found funny was how when they scored their second another fan decided to do the same thing, he jumped over the boards but then saw 2 stewards running at him, chickened out and ran straight back into the crowd.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]What I found funny was how when they scored their second another fan decided to do the same thing, he jumped over the boards but then saw 2 stewards running at him, chickened out and ran straight back into the crowd.[/quote]The steward made a lunge for him, I thought he was going to have his shorts off him lol!

"The steward made a lunge for him, I thought he was going to have his shorts off him lol!"

I have a mate who''s a steward and he said last year that the tactic for fans running onto the pitch is to simply let them and wait for them to feel pressured by the crowd to go away.

It seems thats changed and the stewards are a bit more no nonsense now.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bws Cat "]What I found funny was how when they scored their second another fan decided to do the same thing, he jumped over the boards but then saw 2 stewards running at him, chickened out and ran straight back into the crowd.[/quote]

The steward made a lunge for him, I thought he was going to have his shorts off him lol!
[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that too.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]"The steward made a lunge for him, I thought he was going to have his shorts off him lol!"

I have a mate who''s a steward and he said last year that the tactic for fans running onto the pitch is to simply let them and wait for them to feel pressured by the crowd to go away.

It seems thats changed and the stewards are a bit more no nonsense now.[/quote]When I saw that fan come on though I thought"If a few more join him, I don''t fancy the stewards chances"I guess they do their homework on each set of away fans,  and police / steward accordingly, but they looked a bit intimidated after that first goal.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Never met an Everton supporter. Not sure there are any over here. Isn''t that nice?[/quote]I was on the train up from London on Saturday morning and there was a few on there.One cheekie scouse chappy was telling everyone how they are the best, most loyal away fans in the whole country and how they were going to smash us 3 nil. He probably said other stuff, but at that point I plugged myself into my ipod.

[quote user="im spartacus"]It wasn''t his fault he ran onto the pitch , he wasn''t to blame at all, if anything he is the victim and it was everyone else fault.[/quote][:D]

It''s a very stupid thing to do considering there is a big fine for invading the pitch. But then again, they aren''t the most intelligent bunch.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I see a pattern developing here or am I being unjust to those poor put upon scousers and sit back and accept their antics.

[/quote]If this comes to court we''ll probably discover that he''s like that Liverpool fan and lives in the middle of Norfolk in which he''s never been to Goodison.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

If this comes to court we''ll probably discover that he''s like that Liverpool fan and lives in the middle of Norfolk in which he''s never been to Goodison.
[/quote]

The gulf between the two invasions was of Norwich/ipswich footballing proportions!

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Never met an Everton supporter. Not sure there are any over here. Isn''t that nice?[/quote]

There is at least one in Portland - very kind guy who gave us a lift back to our Hotel after match against Timbers- we were stranded at Station with no taxis in sight when I spotted this guy with an Everton shirt on!