Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Hull Tigers Watch

Watching with interest today against Chelsea with a view to what our manager may be thinking in preparation for the game next Saturday. Hull have quite a few players that we were linked with at some point and, at the halfway mark of today''s match they still have Huddlestone and Livermore sitting on the bench. They will be motivated for an opportunity.

Obviously, we don''t have the quality that Chelsea have however, it is fairly clear that whatever speed we do have will be most effective against Hull Tigers ( [:D] ).  I was very impressed with RvW''s  runs in the channels but, in particular, the acceleration he has from a standing start. Similar thoughts regarding Redmond and Bennet, although Redmond obviously has a lot to learn on the defensive aspects. While I love watching Hoolahan''s trickery he continues to frustrate me by losing possession and allowing opponents to break in dangerous positions but he could be key to putting speed runners through with quick interchanges.

It will obviously be to our advantage to get off to a fast start against Hull and cause them to open up rather than the other way around. I would hope we do not start slowly and allow Hull to set the momentum.

He''ll play the youth teamMaybe even the U14''sHull look shocking defensivelyChelsea are just toying with them nowCould be 6-0 up if it wasn''t for that keeper and they hadn''t decided to just turn this into a passing exercise

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They''re not doing too badly, keeper looks very good.

On a side note, when did Steve Bruce become quite so robust?

[/quote]

You know, Mister Chops, I was looking at Bruce from another perspective as well. I just don''t like his colouring. Does not look healthy to me . I know Ferguson was always referred to that way but Bruce is quite a bit younger. Perhaps he''s just embarrassed to be a Tiger.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They''re not doing too badly, keeper looks very good.On a side note, when did Steve Bruce become quite so robust?[/quote]

You know, Mister Chops, I was looking at Bruce from another perspective as well. I just don''t like his colouring. Does not look healthy to me . I know Ferguson was always referred to that way but Bruce is quite a bit younger. Perhaps he''s just embarrassed to be a Tiger.

[/quote]That''s an interesting point, hadn''t thought of that.  Would be beer rather than spirits, I''d wager.

"Bruce is quite a bit younger. Perhaps he''s just embarrassed to be a Tiger"

He''s been that way since Sundeland, maybe even Wigan. I just showed my daughter a clip of Norwich v Ipswich Milk Cup semi-final when he played a blinder (and scored) and was thinner :-)

Of course all she noticed was the short shorts!

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Chelsea settled for the 2-0 at 45mins it seemstrying their best to let Hull City score! .. annoying[/quote]Yes, very little effort second half to turn up the wick. They seemed happy to eat up the clock from a long way out.Hull wouldn''t have scored if they played on till midnight.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Chelsea settled for the 2-0 at 45mins it seemstrying their best to let Hull City score! .. annoying[/quote]Yes, very little effort second half to turn up the wick. They seemed happy to eat up the clock from a long way out.Hull wouldn''t have scored if they played on till midnight.[/quote]Bit irritating Chelsea settled for two, was hoping Hull would be completely demoralised for next weekWe just need to keep them under pressure next SaturdayThey looked truly hopeless when they were defensive

[quote user="Mister Chops"]They''re not doing too badly, keeper looks very good.On a side note, when did Steve Bruce become quite so robust?[/quote]

Do you actually mean robust as in tough, abrasive or rotund as in fat?

[quote user=Yellow Rose of Texas]Bruce is quite a bit younger. Perhaps he''s just embarrassed to be a Tiger" He''s been that way since Sundeland, maybe even Wigan. I just showed my daughter a clip of Norwich v Ipswich Milk Cup semi-final when he played a blinder (and scored) and was thinner :-) Of course all she noticed was the short shorts![/quote]

Rose, your name suggests you are also of the fairer sex. If so, did you not also find your self "lingering" an extra second or two on the short shorts?  

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]They''re not doing too badly, keeper looks very good.On a side note, when did Steve Bruce become quite so robust?[/quote]

Do you actually mean robust as in tough, abrasive or rotund as in fat?[/quote]I actually mean robust as in "rich and full", i.e. a kind euphemism for "fat".Thanks though, always nice to be incorrectly patronised.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]They''re not doing too badly, keeper looks very good.On a side note, when did Steve Bruce become quite so robust?[/quote]

Do you actually mean robust as in tough, abrasive or rotund as in fat?[/quote]I actually mean robust as in "rich and full", i.e. a kind euphemism for "fat".Thanks though, always nice to be incorrectly patronised.[/quote]

Well, it was a genuine enquiry arising from curiosity about precisely what you meant so I''m sorry if you felt patronised whether correctly or otherwise