Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Everything went against us - Wenger

"We could have won the game today with the players on the pitch, I''m

convinced of that. We started well but after that everything went wrong -

injuries, decisions""It was a bad day, not on the quality of our display but everything went against us""I''m unhappy with the spirit the referee let the game [go in], I was

quite amazed. But it''s not my job to talk too much about that, I have to

take care of the team and, despite that, we could have won the game."

Of course, when it happens the other way round then it''s ok. Isn''t it Arsene?

But I never does happen the other way. Most of the time, the refs in Arsenal are very even-handed, not giving breaks to either side. That''s why yesterday was such a travesty.

Can you sense my sarcasm?

They might not have spent any money this off season but what is their team worth? Far more than us I am assuming. So I can''t figure out if he did a good job with what he had last year or if he isn''t doing a good job with the talent he has...they still finished 4th.

Yes I felt more than a touch of irritation about Wenger whinging about the officials.  I felt both pens were ones you could understand the ref giving, the first was spot on, second was probably correct from the replay and certainly you could understand why it was given.  The sending off was wrong I thought as he made little or no contact with the player, but they are often given.

If we''d only had even-handed officials at the Emirates last year, we''d have come away with 3 points.