Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

East Coast Mainline - Works 14th Sept

I was looking at train tickets from Doncaster to London for the Spurs game, which has worked well for me in the past as the train is only 1 1/2 hours and it was ok with tube to 7 Sisters and a longish walk to the ground (the long walk means you avoid the massive queues going into the tube after the game which you get at Chelsea etc).

Anyway this time I''ve noticed there are apparently works on the East Coast Mainline starting at lunchtime on Saturday 14th, so although it''s only a 1.5 hour train journey from Doncaster on the way down, returning it is 3 hours as it is diverted via Sheffield.  I''m going to have a re-think so anyone planning to travel down this route needs to check.

Presumably this won''t affect those lucky enough to be travelling down from Norwich !

Engineering work north of Peterborough.  Some trains are running through via Lincoln, but often quicker to travel with East Midland Trains up the Midland Mainline to Sheffield and across to Doncaster from there.  Trains south of Peterborough should be fine, so on option could be to drive the northern part and train the rest.