Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Whittaker in Team Of The Weel

I would be very disappointed if Whittaker is dropped after that performance - the player would be very very disappointed too I would imagine.   You can''t drop someone who has made such a good impact in a game.   As CUSDP says, the players kept swapping last season - and it will probably be the same this season, depending on injuries, form etc.   That is what competition is all about.   Football is tough, but the knock to a player''s confidence if unfairly left out is important to consider.  

Fair enough, Martin doesn''t deserve to be dropped either, but he would understand why he was being dropped, even if he didn''t like it.   Maybe they will both be in the team, Bassong given another week to get fitter. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So what did Martin do to lose the shirt. When Whittikar had the shirt and Martin was fit Martin was on the bench. Even you said so. If you think Martin should have been dropped for Whittaker after that then say so.

[/quote]

Martin was dropped for turner.

Agree with Ldc.

Keep same team

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Bassong will no doubt be in for him. Will hughton dare play an attacking full back when he could have the more conservative Martin?[/quote]

So Hughton has in fact dared play an attacking full back (Whittaker) when he could have the fit and more conservative Martin.

Glad we''ve cleared that up[;)]

When Whittaker was in possession of the shirt he only lost it through injury. Are you saying that Martin deserved to be dropped when Whittaker got fit? To be fair I don''t think you are because that wouldn''t make sense alongside your view about Whittaker. I just think that original dig at Hughton has got you in a corner you don''t really want to be in. And I keep pressing you!![:)]

BTW.. Noocassull are pressing Citeh like feck right now...

Ffs nige it wasn''t a dig at ch. "when Whittaker won the shirt" Martin was injured.

Whittaker was ahead of Martin twice when both were fit and Martin a lot more , 8 between QPr and Swansea.

Clearly by these stats it proves cafu got the nod.

You''ve interpreted it as negative. I''ve said I''m behind Hughton.

We are fortunate to have two right backs. One is very attacking, the other is 7/10 every week and steady.

That''s a fact. It''s a fact that Hughton picked Martin more when both were fit.

Am I negative for saying ones attacking and ones steady?

Jesus nige, accept the facts of hughtons line up when both were fit!

Indeed Martin was injured when Whittaker won the shirt. And Whittaker was injured when Martin won it back. When they were subsequently both fit Martin was in possession. You still haven''t told me what he did to deserve to be dropped for Whittaker. As far as I''m concerned he did nothing so dropping him then would be like dropping Whittaker now. That''s the point you won''t address and calling for divine intervention won''t help you!

He got dropped for turner as he played cb! Why disrup 2 positions when u can 1.

The stats spk for themselves that when both were fit, Hughton preferred Martin. Not me. Not you. Hughton.

You didn''t answer my point about the 2 contrasting styles both players have.

Basically you perceived that CH favoured whitts when both were fit. He didn''t. I

Personally I''ve backed up my points, proved a point and we are going around in circles. I''m backing Hughton and I''m saying in an away game he is more likely to play a steadier full bk rather than a cavalier one.

Well I think he will leave the shirt with Whittaker. As he did before. Let''s see who''s right..

I''ll happily buy you a pint if it''s you [B]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]As he did before twice compared to martins lengthy run?[/quote]

As he did when Martin did enough to keep it. Something you refuse to acknowledge or address.

I didn''t want a pint anyway...