Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Free kicks

I think its quite a big problem that we cant score from direct free kicks. Free kicks are quite good goal scoring opportunities for most teams yet i never seem to think its a certain goal when we get one.  Do they just not practice them at training or is there no-one who can take free kicks?

[quote]I think its quite a big problem that we cant score from direct free kicks. Free kicks are quite good goal scoring opportunities for most teams yet i never seem to think its a certain goal when we get ...[/quote]

At the Cambridge pre season match last year Safri took most of them in place of Mullers, seemed to work quite well, especially after his thumper not so long ago..

I disagree, everytime we get a freekick there develops a strong chance of a goal, just not to our boys... I still worry when we get a corner or a freekick near an opponents area that we are likely to give the ball away cheaply and be caught on the counter attack.
We must be one of very few teams where winning a corner or a freekick is seen as dangerous to OURSELVES and not the opposition.