Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Bassong Starts for U21

Like i''ve already said on here before, he quite frequently in the second half of the season looked like he was carrying an injury, limping around a bit, but when called into action was able to do the job. So I think he''s very good at keeping a high standard of play even when he''s not 100%. Great example I can remember, a player, I think Turner went off injured but didn''t look too bad walking off the pitch. Bassong at the end of the game limped off like he could hardly walk anymore, but turned out in the next game fine.

That was the Reading game I think. Bassong was completely shattered by the end.

Lets hope the operation he had was successful, clearly CH doesn''t want to rush him back and risk further injuries, but it would be so good to have him fit for the Hull game

Bassong strolled through the game last night without any obvious problems and was''nt embarrassed by the young whippersnappers too much. Did''nt look as though he wanted to over-exert himself and lasted the full ninety minutes so may be ready for a place on the bench Saturday.More concerning was the lack of many obvious contenders for breaking into the first team squad.Matthews looked competent between the posts and Gafaiti was outstanding alongside Bassong. Villa obviously knew all about the Murphy brothers and kept them fairly well contained with Jacob struggling to beat his man all match and get a decent cross in. Josh was more direct and effective with several good balls into the middle and could well step up in an injury crisis.