Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

How did it go?

So on saturday it was the first time everybody used the new ticketing system. i didn''t go on saturday because of work. is it easy to use? Do you prefer it than the old way the system worked? i be going to the cup match against bury so i have to test my self.

Got to the turnstiles about 2:15, no queue, straight in. Scanner worked fine, although it is not obvious it has been successful, but that will not be a problem once we know what we are looking for.
I was in the upper River End. 
So looks a bit of a mixed bag depending on where you were.

I was also in the upper River End. Was a queue of about 10-12 people to get in, and about 8 of those were season ticket holders whose cards were not recognised by the machine and they had to go in via another entrance, so didn''t seem to be working too well for them, although my ticket went through no probs. Just take some people a bit of getting used to to make sure they''re going in through the right turnstile etc i reckon.

I was in the Barclay Lower and I got there at 14:15. Got in within 5 minutes and 2 people in front of us got turned away for trying to get in the wrong turnstiles. However, I got there pretty early and some guys next to me got in about 14:55 and said the queues were massive.

I missed the first 5 minutes. Huge queues outside, that began about 230.

Bit of a cock up,tannoys advising people to go to a diff turnstile by when they did they got turned away.

Why not trial this new system in one of the pre season friendlies, where ST holders go free and iron out any probs.

Once the queues were building, they should have an option where they could turn it off and let people in as normal. After all. Stewards were still at the turnstiles!

Arrived at the ground at 2.45 to get in to the upper Barclay, finally got to my seat with 1 minute 30 gone on the scoreboard. Didn''t actually go through the scanners as they eventually opened the exit gates and everyone rushed through just flashing their card at the stewards unsuccessfully attempting to count everyone in ("8, 9, 10, 11")!

Bit of a shambles really, never seen a queue that big even for all-paper ticket cup games. Looks like when the turnstiles broke down (several in both lower and upper weren''t working) there was no scope for manual backup, i.e. a steward to go and sit in the booth and check tickets like the old system. Lots of people in high-vis jackets wandering around clearly not knowing what to do.

The problem is whether the club recognises (or wants to) that many folk want to get to their seats (in the ground) just before the game, not a half hour or more before.Until the club talks to fans and asks why this is, is there anything the club can dow to get people in earlier/spread the rush etc these problems will continue.

Went to my usual gate, No 7 and went straight through, no problem, but the guy behind me was stopped and told to go to another gate. they all lead to the Barclay but you have to use the right gate.

Got to the directors entrance (not where I sit, just where the queue started) at 2:50 to get in to the Thorpe area. Thought to myself I''d be lucky to see the start of the game, looked round at the queue, saw it go past the Thorpe area doors and round the ground and realised this was actually the queue for the lower Barclay!

Entrance to city stand was easy, no queue at all. Don''t know what the difference is except no turnstile at the city stand just 2 guys standing behind the new machines.

I can''t get to the ground earlier that 2:45 so am extremely pleased I''ve moved back to the city stand if that''s going to be the case for the Barclay each week!

Got there early as advised (about 2:25) straight up to my usual gate next to the hotel (4?), no one in front of me so straight in, 3 green lights so straight to the bar. Couldn''t have been easier, took no longer than showing your card, once everyone is used to it the queues will disappear.

Fine getting in the snakepit, heard that the scanners were made by the same people that do the Oyster card system on the underground so left mine in my wallet and just put that in the scanner to see if it would work and yes it did to the excitement of the 2 stewards that you''d think their lotto numbers had just come up.

[quote user="City1st"]The problem is whether the club recognises (or wants to) that many folk want to get to their seats (in the ground) just before the game, not a half hour or more before.

Until the club talks to fans and asks why this is, is there anything the club can dow to get people in earlier/spread the rush etc these problems will continue.

[/quote]

This was always the case City1st. Even when we had 15,000 mostly on terraces with a 40,000 capacity there''d be queues just before kick off. Especially evening games!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="City1st"]The problem is whether the club recognises (or wants to) that many folk want to get to their seats (in the ground) just before the game, not a half hour or more before.Until the club talks to fans and asks why this is, is there anything the club can dow to get people in earlier/spread the rush etc these problems will continue.

[/quote]

This was always the case City1st. Even when we had 15,000 mostly on terraces with a 40,000 capacity there''d be queues just before kick off. Especially evening games!

[/quote]

evening games were a bloody nightmarePalace in 73 was hard to find the start of ruddy queue, never mind getting indays when it was sunny I used to get there fairly early and sit out the back of the Barclay having a pint or two - always a rush to get in and onto the terraces, with ''handlebars; glaring at you like he was some kind of cinema commisionairemany folk worked saturday morning so it was often a case of getting home to get changed first before heading down to the ground, and grabbing a pint or two on the waylikewise the evening, most blokes went home for their tea firstsimple way to solve it would be more turnstiles

[quote user="City1st"]The problem is whether the club recognises (or wants to) that many folk want to get to their seats (in the ground) just before the game, not a half hour or more before.Until the club talks to fans and asks why this is, is there anything the club can dow to get people in earlier/spread the rush etc these problems will continue.

[/quote]

Bit Bloody obvious City 1st, isn''t it? We want another pint in the pub with our lunch!!