Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Why has holloway been punished?!

It makes me angry that managers aren''t allowed to have free speech. Some decisions that referees make are astonishing. Referees are not held accountable for poor decisions they make and forget that their decisions can have major implications. Not all referees are useful but they do need help. I''m for technology and the appeals system.

Sorry....rant over!

Holloway is an idiot and I don''t understand the media love in. Yes he''s bald and has a Bristolian accent - what am I missing here?

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]It makes me angry that managers aren''t allowed to have free speech. Some decisions that referees make are astonishing. Referees are not held accountable for poor decisions they make and forget that their decisions can have major implications. Not all referees are useful but they do need help. I''m for technology and the appeals system.

Sorry....rant over![/quote]

worryingly this isn''t a wind up

It was never a penalty. So many are given for handball like this situation. It''s pathetic and needs sorting. Someone hitting the ball at you when you are a few yards away and you don''t move your hand towards the ball is not handball. Can understand why he was angry.

Because of his manner and language aimed at the officials. Stupid behaviour yet again from him, but no doubt got a chuckle from the knuckle heads that like him. Guys a moron.

(1) He is not a "moron" he is a decent citizen who, with a handicapped youngster himself, has done an enormous amount of good in his own area on behalf of the less fortunate.

To assess a person simply upon his footballing and public persona is moronic.

(2) There is clearly some need for technology to be introduced into the game. This is the 21st. Century and the technology is there to use.

Once the dinosaurs who control the game are gone then perhaps some sensible souls can work out ways to use it to the benefit of fairness and spectator appeal.

Holloway was a disgrace on Sunday and has quite rightly been charged. He was moaning about a foul on Dobbie in the build up to the goal. A foul that''s debatable at best and had it been the other way round he would have moaned about what has happened to tackling in the game.

After the ''incident'' took place, palace had the ball at least once so how can the missed ''foul'' have any bearing on the goal? Start questioning things like this and there''ll be hundreds of decisions to be reviewed each game.

It could have been laughed off had he not been so serious and then comment about his poor old little Blackpool a few seasons back.

Some decisions are so bad that they warrant a rant and talk over solutions for the future (not that I know what that is however). This was not one of them.

Like him or not, characters are good for the game.    Whether it''s a Mourhino or a Holloway, the more colourful characters there are, the better.

If he''s going to take Palace back down again, then that''s one less place in the league for the rest of the teams to worry about.  Actually, I hope he keeps them up...................

Little Blackpool won more fouls than Manchester United in 2010-11.

Holloway''s a complete idiot, and a terribly overrated football manager because he merely says some "funny" things from time to time

he generally has fairly good view on things....shame he''s such a loudmouth cu*t.

I think this video demonstrates what i mean....mental

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6PacW2fJV0

Holloway was a light hearted optimist with a good stock of one liners. He was capable of insight and something of a backwoods philosopher.

He has become bitter and cynical. Actually, he is turning into Colin

I don''t get all the wrong minded idiots on here who are hating on Holloway! He''s a genuine manager and has huge amounts of passion for the game. Players who play for him love him and he''s actually got good footballing knowledge and won promotion to the EPL twice! Far more knowledge of any of the guys slating him.

I personally love his witty way with words and the longer he stays in the EPL the better the league is for it.

[quote user="Green and Yellow fellow"]I don''t get all the wrong minded idiots on here who are hating on Holloway! He''s a genuine manager and has huge amounts of passion for the game. Players who play for him love him and he''s actually got good footballing knowledge and won promotion to the EPL twice! Far more knowledge of any of the guys slating him.

I personally love his witty way with words and the longer he stays in the EPL the better the league is for it.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree he has a witty way with words and he has proven himself to be a very successful championship manager. But please explain which bit of his comments at the weekend were at all witty.....or clever.....or correct?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Like him or not, characters are good for the game.    Whether it''s a Mourhino or a Holloway, the more colourful characters there are, the better.

If he''s going to take Palace back down again, then that''s one less place in the league for the rest of the teams to worry about.  Actually, I hope he keeps them up...................

[/quote]I don''t give two stuffs about characters- I''m interested in football. I don''t find my viewing of a Palace match enhanced by his presence and actually thought they played better football under Freedman.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I can fault him as a manager. his teams can''t defend and he''s left his business in the transfer market very late.[/quote]Exactly- he doesn''t seem to have learned his lessons from his season with Blackpool. Gabbidon and Delaney is a CB pairing I wouldn''t be totally happy with in the Championship let alone Premier League.

In fairness to him, he managed to get two average sides promoted to the Premier League. In the last 4 seasons he has won the play-offs twice, lost in the play offs once and was only relegated on the last day of his one Premier League season. He is clearly a very good manager at Championship level and we should probably reserve judgment on his credentials as a Premier League manager until he actually has a proper Premier League squad to use.

With regards to his punishment, if you criticise officiating fairly then I think you should be untouchable, if not then you deserve the fine. I don''t think he was spot on with his assessment in that a case can be made for both sides. He should probably learn to let his assistant do the talking in the future!

hes a good manager, nice to see a bit of passionand whilst i agree with him it probably wasnt the brightest move to start his whinge this early, it certainly wont be the last time decisions go against them this season, the problem is now if he says anything slightly controversial hes going to get the book thrown at him, and the referees union certainly wont be looking to do him any favours at any point soon after that

silly time to pick a battle, even if he was right

Holloway is hoonest... and there isn''t enough of it in football..Every single manager will say the same thing on MOTD "We played well, worked hard, good result/result didn''t go our way, Game of 2 halves, sick as a parrot John".Holloway will be honest..

[quote user="splutcho"]I''d punish him for being a horrific football manager[/quote] Err, why is he so bad? - getting Blackpool promoted was a hell of an achievement and he nearly kept them up despite a tiny budget, did really well at palace last season, they could''ve gone off the rails when freedman jumped ship, but he kept them in the promotion hunt. I would suggest his record makes him a better manager than half of those currently employed in the Prem!