Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Southampton, Arsenal and Oxlade Chamberlain

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397451/REVEALED-Arsenals-tired-transfer-formula-pay-10-000-time-Oxlade-Chamberlain-plays-20-minutes.htmlApparently Arsenal have to pay Southampton 10k every time Oxlade plays for over 20minutes.....Just wondering if Norwich have ever had any players (who played for us... or who we let go) who had similar payments in their contracts. Seems a very sneaky bit of business

why is it sneaky ...... in any way ?or did Southampton hide up that clause before Arsenal signed him ?

I would be so mad with that 10k every 20 mins if I was OX it in someways was stopping his maturity and skill as a player. Crazy deal.

I''m sure Ipswich have a similar clause that if they win x amount of games at home per season they have to pay the council, locals and businesses a percentage.

That probably explains why he comes off the bench as a late subsitute a lot, like against us at the Emirates which to me is inexplicable because he is far superior to the likes of Ramsey. Hodgson played through the middle against Scotland and I thought he looked very good in this role.

[quote user="Thorny"]I''m sure Ipswich have a similar clause that if they win x amount of games at home per season they have to pay the council, locals and businesses a percentage.[/quote]

I doubt the council, locals and businesses would get anything if they were to win x number of gamesunless local charities hadn''t chained their collection boxes to a post and the binners were prising open the bottoms on the tinseven then I''m sure Evans, as with the red faced shyster before him, would only trouser the money