Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Playing as an organised unit is not defensive!

If we play with a back 4 and two holding midfielders then Evertons two goals should have been cancelled out! The trouble is we sat so deep that we invited the shot which was superbly taken, but Johnson or Howson should have been closer to block the shot as Fellini did in the first half with the majority of our shots outside the box.

The second it was a case of ball watching instead of picking up the runners. We had more than enough players both time to defend the move and conceded both times, thar worries me and I do think we miss the Bassong factor. That said I thought Martin had a very good game, Turner was Ok.

I have said an will continue to, I think this system suites the players we have and will work just fine, but I like others would like to see us push up that little bit further and close out the shooting quicker.

I think once Snooders returns we will create more, Redmond is going to be doubled up on so should see more space for that attacking mifielder and RVW runs the channels superbly.

I think Saturday showed that we are force to be reckoned with, 5 players who on any other day would have started were missing and we still matched the storng Everton side.

Fully agree with that Indy. With at least 4 of the 5 missing players available for Hull, the squad has developed hugely, and the signing of Elmander just adds to that.