Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds with the Pink un Pickers Week 1

Right then down to business. I make it 50 PUPs have given me 30 different selections and after lots of  note writing and thought I hav e gone with the following......

1) CHELSEA to beat Hull at home.    

Selected by Mister Chops,Kathy,Graham Humphrey,City-till-I-die,Vindo,NWC,Mandie Moo,fone and Beausant.jacker

2) BORUSSIA DORTMUND to beat Eintract Braunshweig at home.

Selected by nbs,I am a banana.ncfcstar,MethCanary and Excited Canary.

3) PETERBOROUGH to beat Oldham at home.

Selected by Hissing Sid,Nutty Nigel and Mr.Angry.

4) WIGAN to beat Bournemouth away from home.

Selected by Lappinitup,MMMK and chellecity.

5) SPURS to beat Palace away from home.

Selected by Splutcho and Warren Hill.

6) PSG to beat AC Ajaccio at home.

Selected by me.

Fingers crossed and thanks everybody for all your help and now back to my speech writing for The Nelson after the game. [:P][;)]

D''oh!! First apology of the season for being late...

Anyway, this week I''m going to go for Chelsea to beat Hull.

Good luck everyone, especially Til1010

Fantastic - great that this is back once again ;)    Win for Chelsea is my nap        As always, here''s hoping for both a City and PUPs win

Thank you for these Tilly. What an exciting bet to start of our season!! They look really good to me buddy and all we need is that little bit of luck that we always need to record a winning week. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is a mouth-watering  Â£102.58. Here are the details : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Chelsea @ 1/5
Borussia Dortmund @ 1/6
Peterborough @ 8/13
Wigan @ 11/10
Tottenham @ 4/5
PSG @ 1/5
6 Folds, 1  bet * Â£10.00
16/08/2013 20:40:0510.000.00

Peterborough and Wigan get us underway at 3pm tomorrow. The rest of the games are on Sunday when Spurs kick off at 1:30 followed by Chelsea at 4pm, Borrussia Dortmund at 4:30 and finally PSG at 8pm. Good luck Tilly and all you PUPs. I''m looking forward to seeing as many as possible after the game tomorrow.

Oops, can''t believe I''m late on the first week. very sorry Mr. Tilly sir. Must do better.

Welcome back one and all and a big thanks Nutty.

My pick is a home win for Borussia Dortmund please.

Good luck Tilly, off to a flyer this season I''m sure.

Yes Herman, Wigan did us no favours there. But I can''t be too disheartened because it was great to be back at Carrow Road today and then meet up in The Nelson afterwards. I think there must have been 20 PUPs there and my thoughts went back to Arrdee and how proud he would have been. Not just the community of the PUPs together from so many different places. And not just because our great club is playing the likes of Everton, premier league ever presents, on an equal footing. But also last years U18s parading with the Youth Cup they won last season. Us PUPs contributed to the development of those players. Great to be back guys!

Well miffed to be honest as it currently stands at 4 correct out of 5 with PSG playing at 8pm tonight so no prizes what that result will be. Anyway we are up and running and Nutty tells me he has had several donations so thanks for your support to help keep this going throughout the season but he still needs more financial help. Get those tenners to him somehow you PUPs.

Unlucky Tilly. It finished 4/6 but the first weeks are notoriously difficult and you were brave enough to take it on for us. Next job for me is to compile this weeks stats so I''ll be back with them tomorrow.

PSG did me like a kipper for my selection with a 1-1 draw.[:(]

Anyway I loved doing the picks and wish everyone success for the rest of the season.

It was quite an incredible response from you PUPs this week. I make it 33 PUPs picking 61 different selections. At the moment 46/60 were correct with GPele''s Almeria selection playing tonight.

By the looks of it we have a great team of PUPs again this season[Y]

Should that be the other way round Nutty? 61 picking 33...? Still, pretty good strike rate that, in excess of 75% picking correctly. If we keep that up we should see some winning weeks.

Yep.. "my bad" I think is the correct expression. Your away win was notable as were others including Stewfil''s brilliant selection of Fulham.

Another trend I noticed carrying on from last season was how good we seem to be at selecting from Germany and Holland. 6/6 from those two countries.

Unfortunately Almeria lost so we ended up with a very creditable 46 correct selections from 61 games and 22 correct from 33 different options.

All 46 winners are joint top of our PUPs league[:)]

"All 46 winners are joint top of our PUPs leagueSmile [:)]"

Get in......I don''t expect to occupy top position for very long so I''m going to enjoy this...!!  And quite probably milk it if I can find anyone willing to listen...

[quote user="vindo"]

Get in......I don''t expect to occupy top position for very long so I''m going to enjoy this...!!  And quite probably milk it if I can find anyone willing to listen...

[/quote]

Yeah but it''s alphabetically listed Vindo ........

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="vindo"]

[/quote] Yeah but it''s alphabetically listed Vindo ........[/quote]

Dammit......A.A.Aardvark Vindo doesn''t really go...