Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds with the Pink un Pickers Week 1

Greetings PUPs it’s great to be back for another season of Rays Funds To get us underway I’m pleased to say we have our current champion, the winner of last season’s PUPs League, Til1010 in charge and making the final selections. Tilly’s always been one of our thread’s greatest supporters and testament to that is how willing he was to take charge the first week as he strives to defend his title. Tilly is also a previous winner of the final selections from when he stood in at short notice last season. So as well as being on our PUPs trophy his name is also on Ray’s signature amongst all the others in our very own lines of fame. So I hope you PUPs are back from the summer break ready and refreshed to give Tilly the options he needs to get us off to a winning start. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be a game from this weekend’s fixtures and be listed on the Bet365 web site.

For those of you reading this who have never taken part before please join us. As Ray always said the only qualification you need is to be a Canaries fan. Doesn’t matter where you are because we have PUPs from all over the world. You are all welcome here.

I have lots to tell you about this week. For those who can get to Saturday’s match please try and meet us afterwards in The Nelson. Our great friend Kev will be there all the way from Leeds and we will be presenting Tilly with his trophy for being top PUP last season.

Then on Tuesday 27th I will be at Colney to present the £381.91 we raised last season for the academy. The under 18s are playing Chelsea, kick off 1pm, and we will be making the presentation at half-time. Would love to see as many of you as possible there to help make the presentation.

Thanks to everyone who helps me keep this going and to those who have donated a tenner already. Keep those donations coming. We will need more tenners to see us through this season. For those who I won’t see personally the paypal details are canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also my email address if anyone wants to contact me. Remember if you’re thinking about taking part this isn’t pay to play. Try it and see how it goes. Then if you want to make a donation in the future you can.

Here’s the provisional rota for the next few weeks : -

Aug 24th Jellytot

Aug 31st Swindon Canary

Sept 7th  Hissing Sid

Please let me know whether those dates are suitable. I can easily facilitate a change if they’re not.

One of our PUPs has contacted me about an additional venture he’s willing to back. I can tell you it’s very exciting! So watch these threads for news as the details are worked out!!

That’s it from me for now although I’ve probably forgotten something! So now Ill hand the thread over to Til1010. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away John ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

Edwardoit might help to encourage a few more participants if you could briefly out line what they have to do etc

[quote user="City1st"]Edwardo

it might help to encourage a few more participants if you could briefly out line what they have to do etc

[/quote]

Now if youre reading this and wondering what its all about Ill explain. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

Here is a brief run through for anyone who may be interested :-

The Pink Un Message Board''s Rays Funds Thread: -

These threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. Theres a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from the weekends football fixtures.

How It Works : -

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the previous seasons top 40.

This used to be sponsored but it''s financed by the PUPs themselves. There is no requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season. These donations are made to me personally or via paypal on canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also the email address for anyone who wishes to contact me.

Have we won? : -

So far there have been 31 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £2038 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying.

Want To Take Part? : -

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread which is up every Wednesday during the season. It''s as simple as that.

Very early days, but I will go for top v bottom of the Belgian league.

STANDARD LIEGE V leuven home win.

All the best PUPS.

Good luck Tilly, see you all in the Nelson after the game on Saturday 🍺

First pick of the season is Nutty''s favourite ever manager Worthy with

YORK v Hartlepool - HOME WIN in L2

Good luck all, good to be back

Leedscanary

Well, everything is alright with the world (well almost) now this is back. Hope everyone has enjoyed the summer. My first pick of the season is:

MARSEILLE   -v-   Evian  HOME WIN

Good Luck JT and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

Will get my tenner to you Eddie.

Chelsea to beat Hull for me. Good luck Til1010. Try not to bore us all to death with your acceptance speech on Saturday night.

Thanks for asking me to be the 1st picker of the new season Nutty and it is great to see the return of the best thread on the messageboard and even more impressive that already this evening we have about a dozen different picks. I will be back on Friday evening so keep them coming all you PUPs out there.

Now then Kathy there will be no chance of you falling asleep in The Nelson after the game as I have been doing my homework for the presentation speech and Kev just remember there is just the one L in Tilson. [;)]

public speaking photo: A Pocket to Public Speaking APocketGuidetoPublicSpeaking.jpg

Great to have this back!My first pick for the season will be a dull one - Chelsea to beat Hull.Good luck Tilly and I regret I can''t be there for the presentation after the game although I am sure it will be explained in such detail on the way to Hull the following weekend that it will feel like I was [:)]Here''s hoping for a great season for both the football club and the PUPs.  (Oh and if someone wants to take a tenner off me to give to Eddie after the game that would be handy too.)

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Great to have this back!

My first pick for the season will be a dull one - Chelsea to beat Hull.

Good luck Tilly and I regret I can''t be there for the presentation after the game although I am sure it will be explained in such detail on the way to Hull the following weekend that it will feel like I was [:)]

Here''s hoping for a great season for both the football club and the PUPs.  (Oh and if someone wants to take a tenner off me to give to Eddie after the game that would be handy too.)
[/quote]

Have I got this right? You''re missing a Saturday post match drinking session? I must have slipped into a parallel universe [8-)]

Ello,ello,ello I think i''ll kick off the new season with a QPR win over our window licking neighbours please.

QPR v Ipswich...Home win.

The very best of luck to you Mr Tilson on a very tough week.

Hey everyone, it''s definitely good to be back.

Nutty, I will get my paypal donation to you when I get paid at the end of the month, and as always thanks for keeping this going!

What was the news with what charity the money will be going to this year, or is it still undecided?

As always the first few weeks of the season are always a little mismatched, making it difficult to pick from form, which makes it sensible to go for the bigger teams.

I would therefore suggest one of Tottenham away win, or Chelsea home win.

However, I''m going to go for West Ham vs Cardiff HOME WIN.

A few good signings and Upton Park is always a tricky place to go.

Good luck Tilly, and everyone.

Fantastic to have this thread back!

And you''ll never guess who are playing this weekend? ALMERIA!!! Would be foolish of me to not put forward the mighty Almeria''s first game back in the big time. They host Villarreal so its not straight forward, they are 6/4 to win, but I think they will. So they will.

Almeria vs Villerreal- Home win!

Good luck :)

Superb to have this back again, the football finishing last season feels so long ago...

I''m going to kick off my own PUPs second season with Sunday''s Chelsea v Hull HOME win please.

Good luck all, especially Til

I''m determined to do this every week for once this year, and as usual I''m going to try and put forward a little value to help boost the takings, so to start I''ll go with:

Palace vs SPURS - Away win - 3/4

Good luck Tilly.