Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Redmond

All I have to say about his performance.

Wow.

He was constantly dodging and skipping around defenders, he was fantastic and made some brilliant chances.

Anyone else agree?

He just needs to learn when to release the ball. Bit of a rough diamond. He really has some tricky feet and is going to be a real threat. Bargin for 2.5mThought him and Beno really complimented each other as well.

Hurr hurr hu- wait, sorry... Force of habit!

I can see Redmond forcing his way into the first team very regularly if only he can distibute the ball one player sooner. He wants to go all the way each time, but he has been fantastic so far.

Showed some terrific skills and clearly has serious potential.  Can''t see him getting into the team ahead of a fit Snodgrass though. He might well give a fit Pilks some competition on the left flank.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

Defensively not great, though, and Everton''s right back was involved in both their goals.

[/quote]

Completely agree - esp the second where Garrido was covering teh centre ground (how far across had our centre backs been dragged - Martin too deep playing Jelavic onside) and Coleman was tracked by Redmond until he needed to do so.   He will earn though.

Terrific prospect going forward though.    Makes me wonder how soon we can see the Murphy twins?

If people are saying that Redmond hangs on to the ball too long, just wait till you see the Murphys!!!

Well Redmond made Bennett look like a poor mans Redmond......reminded me of Disco Dale the way he danced round those Everton defenders!

What I did notice was the quality in step up in players, Redmond and RVW are class above what we have seen from our squad players of last year. I''m looking forward to seeing Fer added to the fold and Hooper played instead of Wes.

All being fit for Hull I would love to see.

Ruddy,

Whittaker, Martin Bassong, Olsen,

Howson, Fer, 

Snodgrass,                         Redmond,       

Hooper

RVW

I''m worried about this continued "criticism" of Redmond for some supposed defensive shortcomings.

I say "supposed" as the Mail summary had him down as our best tackler with four successive tackles, whatever that amounts to.

I, for one, do not want to see this highly tricky and skilled youngster have his attacking talents continually negated by a need to be more aware of perceived defensive responsibilities.

P.S. Isn''t it obvious to one and all that E. Bennett is destined to become an excellent wing-back?

On the other hand, Redmond is one of the most exciting young attacking prospects we have had at CR for a long time now.

Attacking-wise he was very good. He made some tackles, too, but not for the goals.

I certainly couldn''t blame him for being naive defensively - he''s only 19 - and that source of awareness will only come with age, but the Everton right back Coleman was heavily involved in both their goals.

But does that make him man of the match? Coleman was voted as Everton man of the match, whom Redmond was marking.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]He just needs to learn when to release the ball. Bit of a rough diamond. He really has some tricky feet and is going to be a real threat. Bargin for 2.5m
Thought him and Beno really complimented each other as well.
[/quote]

£2m + add ons of £1.2m if I remember correctly

Think Redmond and Fer are incredible bargains, and Redmond is insanely gifted and influential at his tender 19years. He''s already some player but, as others have said, when he learns when to pass and when to dribble ...my God he''s gonna be good ....really good. Put it this way, can see his raw talent eclipsing Walcott and Ox easily. The other stand out performer Saturday was Barkley, who is also going to have a huge future.

I''m very Excited about Redmond...He looked Huckerby-esque on Saturday, with time and youth on his side I honestly think he will be twice the player Hucks as ability wise too.

Redmond is a massively exciting talent, he is the only player since huckerby for me that you get genuinely excited every time he has the ball at his feet, the way he skipped past some of the opposition on Saturday was something we have been sorely lacking.

That said I don''t think it''s unfair to highlight that he has some defensive frailties, and I think it is naivety, he got away with at times Sat because his pace allowed him to recover, but he will improve with our coaching staff, he''s just still learning.

It''s not a case of negating his attacking talents, its just a case of when he is defending his positioning and tracking of players needs to improve.

With a bit more experience and some more defensive nous we will have a top top player.

Ya know what I''d reeeeally like to see?

Redmond, blessed with such pace, play on the right bloody wing!!! This latest trend of playing left footers right and vice versa really p1sses me off. Constantly cutting inside to get on the good foot. We all know Snodders only uses his right foot for standing on. But Redmond, burning past left backs and hitting Wolfie across the 6 yard box, low and hard. Now that''s what I''d like to see...... Proper wing play.

[quote user="walks on water"] Put it this way, can see his raw talent eclipsing Walcott and Ox easily.  [/quote]

Not that we''re going to get carried away or anything.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I''m very Excited about Redmond...He looked Huckerby-esque on Saturday, with time and youth on his side I honestly think he will be twice the player Hucks as ability wise too.

[/quote]Agree jas. When I watched him on Saturday couldn''t help thinking, " What''s he doing in a Norwich shirt ? "Just shows the type of real quality player we''re now able to entice to Carrow Road.

Haha yeah, that''s fair enough GJP.

Guess the post after yours kinda sums up what I found myself thinking,...what on earth is someone that good (at such a young age) doing in a Norwich shirt. Very very exciting talent!

[quote user="walks on water"]Haha yeah, that''s fair enough GJP. Guess the post after yours kinda sums up what I found myself thinking,...what on earth is someone that good (at such a young age) doing in a Norwich shirt. Very very exciting talent![/quote]

If he was that good at the moment then he wouldn''t be at Norwich, is basically the answer to that question.

But by our standards he is very good. It''s been a long time since we''ve had such a good prospect.

I''d like to see Redmond played as a number 10. Pilks has better defensive positioning atm and watching that U21 game made me realise how one decent ball over the top can be lethal with Redmond running onto it (or RVW / Hooper for that matter). The midfield is greatly exciting now with it''s flexibility! If we use t well, that is.

Highlighted by Teamtalk as one of the five most impressive debutants this weekend. Interesting to not his defesive contribution. On the whole I thought his defensive efforts were generally very good (he was certainly trying) though definitely at fault for the Coleman goal - if only he hadnt switched off - hopefully something he can develop over time.

Nathan Redmond

The highly-rated Redmond impressed on his Premier League bow for Norwich against Everton. The 19-year-old played on the left side of midfield, often opting to go infield onto his favoured right foot to great effect. No player successfully dribbled past an opponent on the opening weekend of the Premier League season more than Redmond (six), who also worked back to make four tackles - second only to Coutinho (six) of any offensively positioned player in the whole top flight - as he played his way to a score of 7.51.

Given his tendency to play onto his right foot, he only attempted one cross all game (right-footed Elliott Bennett on the other flank attempted 11), and that may mean there is an element of imbalance to Chris Hughton''s side. Nonetheless, young and keen to make an impact, Redmond looks like he could be one for the future.

I think that Redmond is a potential full England international, but if he continues to develop I think that he may be an expensive purchase from us at about the same time. I am not sure how he compares in pace with other wingers in the England squad, but he seems to have an advantage with his dribbling ability. He is exciting to watch.

BUT we have to accommodate him while he expands other parts of his game, principally a defensive element. He left Garrido exposed as he wandered into the centre to shoot with his right foot, and we know about the fullback''s lack of pace. In fairness to Redmond, he did get back to try to cover at times, but clearly defending is not as easy to him as it is to Benno.

There could also be a problem as to where we play him. He is seemingly two footed, but uses his left foot less than his right in making crosses. If Pilks comes back fighting fit, then CH has a problem of selection - who plays on the right wing - Snoddy, Benno of Redders? MOTD, I think it was,  commented about the lack of balance in our attacking formation.

Good point to highlight that while he may have switched off for the second he did make more tackles than any other city player.   Impressive debut indeed