Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Picture quiz

http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/joe_royle_and_geoffrey_watling_norwich_v_leicester_may_2_1981_1_1_1937107!image/4127412487.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/4127412487.jpgwho  ?what  ?when  ?

ps could you wait till midnight before posting your answer so as to let a few others have a go first pps and be honest, can you answer without looking up when ?

[quote user="City1st"]http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/joe_royle_and_geoffrey_watling_norwich_v_leicester_may_2_1981_1_1_1937107!image/4127412487.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/4127412487.jpgwho  ?what  ?when  ?

ps could you wait till midnight before posting your answer so as to let a few others have a go first pps and be honest, can you answer without looking up when ?

[/quote]

There is a semi-convoluted link with  the very recent past.

Can''t remember when without looking it up[sn]

Fences should help date it though.

Nowich Bitter.. 50p pint? Was 14p when I was a lad....

City1st, you are a little slow on occasions. When the cursor scolls down to the picture the answer is readily available. Now, see if you are clever enough to remove it.

or maybe because on mine it doesn''t (firefox)and if it did, who cares ?the idea was no more than a chance to test your memory and a look at days gone bythat''s all

LOL

Good point Yankee..

Perhaps we should ask for those young lad''s names as well! I wonder if any of them post on here now....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I know one of the "who"s, and could guess the other one (no idea who the three lads are)

I know the "what"

I could guess the "when"

Have not looked this up, have not seen the answer as per the Yankee post.....

[/quote]

It is Joe Royle presenting the Chairman of the Century  award to Geoffrey Watling in 1981.

It''s not 81 as we had that fantastic Adidas kit in 81 I believe!

I''m going for 1979-80!

Mr Royleon the pitchwith the candlestick

now.............................when (no cheating) ?what trophy  ?what is the other trophy the kid is holding ?and just who is that builder advertising on the corner of the roof ?

[quote user="City1st"]Mr Royleon the pitch  with the candlestick  now.............................when (no cheating) ?  what trophy  ?what is the other trophy the kid is holding ?and just who is that builder advertising on the corner of the roof ?[/quote]

Player of  the season and junior player of the season? 

Is it Geoffrey Watling with his Eye Show Best of Show award for Potato in in the shape of a Norwich City footballer plus kit?

Its definitely the Barry Butler trophy. The date is before my time and I haven''t a clue what the trophy is the young lad is holding.

But could your building work be in safer hands... ;-)

Joe Royle receiving the Barry Butler Trophy from Mr Watling circa 81/82 (based on my faint memory of Royle playing for us when I was 18/19 years old), no idea re the small trophy and the builder is some guy called K Keelan (thought he had a boutique off Hall Rd, Norwich)........

Mr Royleon the pitchwith the Barry Butler Trophy from Mr Watling

we lost at home to Leicester that day 2-3 (last game of season) - very close with year

agree, didn''t know Keelan had a building company (presume it''s him)maybe the small trophy is the one he keeps and the main one stays at the club  (save the club having to chase up a player who leaves before the next presentation)

Possibly a bit tougher as the ''who'' isn''t even in the picture, but there is a clue in the picture -

[IMG]http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2793/4426775100_b80913d812_z.jpg[/IMG]

Kevin Keelan was a partner with a local builder John Hilditch who was also involved in the boutique that I thought was in Anglia Sq not Hall Road.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Not Evelyn Barclay LDC[/quote]

It is King George V''s twin brother Ethelbert, who played centre-forward for us between the wars.