Sign in to follow this  
Dave

1 more defender to complete the jigsaw

I hope that we see another defender in and that will be a good summers business. OTBC

Don''t see the point in a loan deal for a defender, unless it is a view to a permenant.

We have one of the best young british centre backs as back up as it is and if we are going to add to the defence, it needs to be someone who can provide a different option to what we have or someone at least better than Turner.

It''s clear we''ve been linked with Kouyate and Alderweireld that we are looking at significant investment there and i hope that is still the case.

Lots of cash left is suspect. Whilst we will stash some away for January just in case I agree that it would be wise to invest in another quality defender. toby Alderweireld for me. Everyone and his Aunt between here and Moscow have been linked but nothing has happened yet and we have not dismissed the desire to get him , despite not agreeing terms a few weeks ago

Happy with Whittaker at RB.

Our bid for Toivonen was apparently about £4-5m and Alderweireld must''ve been at least that too so we should have a decent whack left.

TBH, Martin is best as a right back. Used as as a centre back when push comes to shove.

We are desperate for an equal to Bassong at minimum where we are today to keep us going. Turner will do but IMO need more steel to get that back bone working well.

Yup, spot on with this post I think. We''re at the point now where we CH is probably looking at the first-team squad objectively and assessing which is our weakest position, and looking to upgrade there. Realistically - and no disrespect intended - Turner is probably the weakest player in our first XI at this point. Certainly someone I''d hope we keep around the club as third choice CB, but we have the money and evidently the ''pulling power'' these days to attract international-standard players, be that Alderwiereld or someone else.