Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Hull predictions

Playing one of the promoted clubs for the first time on Saturday I''m gonna go for NORWICH 2 - 0 hull city. hopefully bassong will be back. what everyone else going for?

On paper it looks one of the more winnable games, but it''s their first home game back in the Premier League and they''ll really be up for it. If Bassong and Fer are back in the team then I think we''ve got enough quality to take all three points, but I''m not expecting Hull to be a pushover. I''ll go for 2-1 Norwich.

I agree this provides one of the best opportunities to get an away win, whether it happens is another thing of course. With the injured/suspended players coming back I am optimistic

Against Chelsea Hull looked absolutely dreadful on the defensiveWe can''t allow them to get an early foothold in the game and need an early goal.It will all be about pace and pressuring them on the ballIf we go there looking to draw...

Agreed Hull looked poor against a Chelsea side who decided to go to the beach after 25 minutes.

I don''t think it will be easy as Bruce will start Huddlestone and Livermore, but I''m sure we will be too strong for them and I''m going for 4-1 win, as Fer, Hooper, Snodders and Bassong have a strong chance of being involoved.

Can''t see how Hull are gonna score. Brady seemed there only inventive player against Chelski. Tettey and Fer possibly up against Huddlestone and Livermore could be interesting.

Clean sheet 2-0 Canaries

Hull are obviously going to see this as a home game they can get somthing from and after what happens to them against Chelsea will be looking for an impressive display. I expect them to really have a go which should play into our hands if we can be patient early on and look to counter. The additional pace we now have in the squad should give us options that were not there last season and I am looking forward to seeing us use them.

I hope to see Olsson start, his defensive qualities, pace and delivery should suit this game.

2.1 Norwich.

I remember when we went there in the Champ.  Early on we were looking good, think we scored with a headed goal by Wes but we ran out of steam a bit later on and they equalized to finish 1-1.

I wouldn''t be at all surprised by a draw on Saturday so my head goes for another 1-1.  My heart would go for us to win 3-1 with Fer/RVW starting to combine well.

From that team I think the only survivors now would be Wes, Russell Martin and Ruddy (assuming the latter two played back then, and of course Wes and RM not guaranteed starters this time).  I can''t find a report on it online - are past season match reports available on the Pinkun or canaries.co.uk ?

I''d be disappointed if Fer, Bassong and Snodgrass are back and we didn''t win. Not because Hull are a bad side (well they are pretty bad) but we need to beating sides like this. But I guess they''ll probably say the same about us.

I''m going for a 2-0 win! Ricky and Fer with the goals.

Probably the worst time to be playing Hull - newly promoted team, first home match in the Premier etc etc. And the Chelsea game suggested their weakness is in defence, and, whatever side one is on in the Great Hughton Debate, nobody can realistically expect us to go there and plan to put them under pressure from the off. Not CH''s style. It''s the kind of game we''ve been losing for years.

If we win, I''d take that as evidence that we''ve really moved up a level. And we could deal Hull''s confidence a potentially significant blow. But I don''t think a draw would merit the meltdown that would probably follow on these boards. Lose, and you''d have to say we''re still flattering to deceive.

3-1 Norwich. Would love to see Redmond and Snodgrass providing ammo for Hoop and RVW, with Fer and Johnson holding their own in the centre of the park. Doubt CH will go with that attacking a formation, though.

Hull must look to teams like us at home as their most likely source of points this season. Equally we would look at them as prime places for away wins. Heart say 0-2 Norwich. Head says 0-0.

In many ways this is the worst time to play Hull - this is obviously their first home game of the season back in the top flight, so it''s a special occasion for them and there''s no doubt they will be giving it their all, as will their fans. It will be an intimidating atmosphere and Hull will raise their game after a pretty poor performance against Chelsea - this will definitely be seen as a winnable game by them and I have no doubts they will play better this weekend than they did last weekend. So if we go out and play for a draw, we''ll probably get a draw.

We easily have enough to beat Hull comfortably, they''re not a great side, but if they come racing out of the blocks and we''re happy to play as we normally do away from home then I can see a draw, 1-1. However, if we go for it and assert ourselves early on, and not let Hull have it their way, we''ve got the potential to score 2 or 3 given the quality of our squad without the injuries and suspensions of last week.

If we approach the game in the same way as we did last season against the relatively weaker PL sides, in other words play for the 0-0, hope to nick a goal, but fall behind it''s game over, I suspect we will achieve a similar set of outcomes - tedious football, coupled with a smattering of draws and narrow defeats.

If on the other hand we go out to win the game you never know that might well be the outcome. I''m hoping for the latter but expect the former in which case the best outcome will be a draw with a narrow defeat being equally likely.

Looking forward to the Hull game, but at the same time we know all too well that if you''re aiming to survive your first season, Hull will be looking at us as a home banker.

Hope we nick it 2-1, could well be a 1-1 draw though.

Let''s face it, we were largely poor on the road last year with two away wins, one of which at a Man City side both on the beach and in disarray. We beat none of the newly promoted sides away.

Hull will be bang up for this, their first game back in the big league, their stadium will be sold out and there will be a great atmosphere. Exactly the sort of game we struggle in.

Buuuuuuut......even saying that my heart says away win by a single goal, but my head says disappointing draw. And I bet with my head, so 1-1. Them to score early, and us to gain control in second half with a bit more class and equalise late on.

Really really tough game, newly promoted side, first home game of the season and its a winnable game for both.

We have scored 9 goals in the last 3 Premier League games so will go in to this with confidence.

Going for a 0-2 Norwich win but really wouldn''t be surprised or disappointed with a draw

We have nothing to fear from this lot.

They may have some heart from Sunday, but in reality Chelsea should have been 4 or 5 up at half time and cruised the second half.

They are heavily relying on their new Spurs duo, but they are not going to give them that much oomph! 

If we remain disciplined and try and control the game I can see a comfortable win for us.  This is not underestimating them as even watching them in the Championship last season they really are not much threat going forwards and their defence is not much either bar Curtis Davies.

Therefore I would be suprised and very disappointed if we don''t win 2-0 or 3-0. [:D]

Snake

If we have Bassong, Fer and Snodgrass back hopefully Hughton will push for the win.

If not, I fear he may settle for containing tactics which, as we saw away at Stoke and Wigan last season, can lead us to a toothless 1-0 defeat.

Like a couple of posters here I''ve felt a 0-2 result is highly possible. RVW double and right then in the national news with more talk on MOTD.