Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

norwich agree deal for Johan Elmander

according to Turkish reports, he will sign on a free transfer earning 1.8 million a year with turkish club paying 400k of that

good signing on a free

Agreed. He probably won''t start a whole bunch of games, but if he''s happy filling a similar role to what Svensson did (albeit with us avoiding relegation this time round!), and manages to score some vital goals along the way too, could end up being an absolute bargain.

Agree with that TFH, absolutely nothing wrong with signing a player like this to add to the squad if we cant sign our prime targets. He will I am sure  give us something different up front when needed, and certainly comes with a lot of experience.

I find this thread hilarious!  Apparently Johan Elmander to Norwich is a great signing when a couple of weeks ago Nicolas Anelka to WBA was a terrible signing. How does that work?

One thing Elmander will so is work his arse off that''s for sure.

Actually think the doubters will change their minds on this guy.

Not sure how I feel about this, Similar player to Beechio, can we presume Bechio is on the way out should we sign Elmander?I imagine Elmanders wages are pretty hefty too.

[quote user="E.L.F."]Al, it''s because Anelka was bought to replace a starter, whilst Elmander is not.[/quote]What has that got to do with it though.? I know i''d much rather have Anelka in my team than Elmander

Our fans do make me laugh at times. How can anybody not be happy with Wolfswinkel, Hooper, Elmander, Becchio compared to last year.....holt, Becchio, kei, Jackson lol.

You could say Wolfswinkel and Hooper have it all to prove at the level and the back up two just are not good enough , no strength in depth there . Lose one or both of our strikers for any period of time and we would be in big trouble .

Still love watching the goal he scored against wolves, voted on of the best premier league goals of all timehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWUyim2lsrk

Lets go and sign Suarez and Rooney then Hughton is no mug we have a half decent squad and there is always January to come we have enough depth Fer and Snodgrass can fill in at centre forward if need be I for one will enjoy this season hope you all feel the same

Are these reports actually genuine though because everyone has been saying the twitter thing was fake so not counting anything as gospel just yet..

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]type the word "Elmander" into twitter, there are literally hundreds of Galatasaray fans writing good luck and farewell messages about him.....they can''t all have been fooled by a fake twitter account??!?[/quote]
There''s flippin'' 1000s!!