Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rumblings of discontent..

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

This nothing to play for/on the beach/donating points argument doesn''t stand much scrutiny. If you take that view then we were certainly on the beach with nothing to play for and in a position to donate at Manchester City in May.

In fact the truth is at no time is there nothing to play for. No club would want to spend millions on players who had no pride. And despite pride each place is now worth so much money clubs can''t afford to have players on the beach watching millions of pounds slip through their fingers.

Carry on making it up guys! It''s entertaining and only you know your own motives.

[/quote]

Ah, but then nutty you didn''t see the WBA game, did you?! I said at the time that was the most lackadaisical performance I have seen from an away team at Carrow Road in the top flight EVER!!! WBA were not on the beach. They had done that, been in the bar for pre-meal cocktails, stuffed themselve silly at the all-you-can-eat buffet and then spent the night clubbing.

[/quote]With only 16 points from the last 19 games they must have been on the beach since Xmas. No doubt after jellied eel''s and a hot cuppa on Yarmouth market place more like.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

This nothing to play for/on the beach/donating points argument doesn''t stand much scrutiny. If you take that view then we were certainly on the beach with nothing to play for and in a position to donate at Manchester City in May.

In fact the truth is at no time is there nothing to play for. No club would want to spend millions on players who had no pride. And despite pride each place is now worth so much money clubs can''t afford to have players on the beach watching millions of pounds slip through their fingers.

Carry on making it up guys! It''s entertaining and only you know your own motives.

[/quote]

Ah, but then nutty you didn''t see the WBA game, did you?! I said at the time that was the most lackadaisical performance I have seen from an away team at Carrow Road in the top flight EVER!!! WBA were not on the beach. They had done that, been in the bar for pre-meal cocktails, stuffed themselve silly at the all-you-can-eat buffet and then spent the night clubbing.

[/quote]

Yes it was a hell of a party Purple. WBA''s party season had been going on months hence their return of just 1 win in their last 9 games. During this holiday they also donated points to Stoke, Newcastle, Southampton and Wigan[H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it was a hell of a party Purple. WBA''s party season had been going on months hence their return of just 1 win in their last 9 games. During this holiday they also donated points to Stoke, Newcastle, Southampton and Wigan[H]

[/quote]

Good to see that you finally agree that they were donating points at the end of last season. 

"Good to see that you finally agree that they were donating points at the end of last season. "

Sometimes with older folk it takes a bit longer.

Presumably those who were happy with the overall performances after Christmas last season don''t feel there''s much need to improve the squad?

CH has brought in much higher quality players that we all hope will perform on a more consistent basis and augers well for the season.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]

Presumably those who were happy with the overall performances after Christmas last season don''t feel there''s much need to improve the squad?

CH has brought in much higher quality players that we all hope will perform on a more consistent basis and augers well for the season.

[/quote]

Just as last season he''s spending his budget. Last season he spent it predominantly defensively and this season he spent it predominantly offensively. It was a question of priorities/being Cautious Chris. Delete applicably [;)]

Why would you want us to spend all this dosh when we were doing so well end of last season?

What would you rather Winky? How about we starve the manager of funds and build a nice new stand? Or are you perhaps suggesting Hughton should have spent last season''s budget on these forwards instead of the defensive players he bought? I don''t get your point buddy[*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

You think it''s a waste Winky? Last season''s or this?

[/quote]

Your tendency to give posters diminutive nicknames is extremely irritating. You like to think it makes you seem like "friendly old Nigel", when in reality it''s a completely transparent and rather childish way of trying to belittle others and, therein, their point of view.

[quote user="Dusk1983"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

You think it''s a waste Winky? Last season''s or this?

[/quote] Your tendency to give posters diminutive nicknames is extremely irritating. You like to think it makes you seem like "friendly old Nigel", when in reality it''s a completely transparent and rather childish way of trying to belittle others and, therein, their point of view.[/quote]

Really? Aren''t all these names nicknames? If you''d rather be formal mine name''s Eddie. What''s yours buddy?

The word "neutral" popped up.

Why were neutrals hotly fancying us to go down up till the WBA game?

Last season is gone and we are all looking positively ahead to a new one. Anyone that wasn''t worried approaching the WBA game, IMO is a liar.

We were all concerned that we were getting sucked into a fight.

Upon reflection of last year, it was disappointing that we didn''t get anyone better than what we had in (the wolf doesn''t count). With the right additions and some fresh blood, out points tally would arguably have seen us go into the top 10.

Lets leave the matter where it is now. 99% of posters are behind CH. me and mr brownstone inc. but then, you''ll ignore that wont you.

You were obviously very happy with the way we played end of last season Nutty. Why then the need for all this investment in the squad?

Danny, my point and the focus of this thread is that the rumblings of discontent have carried over to this season. It''s you and others who want to keep debating last season. Anyway.. I thought you''d taken your ball home.

[quote user="Vanwink"]You were obviously very happy with the way we played end of last season Nutty. Why then the need for all this investment in the squad?[/quote]

Winky, (is it ok if I call you that, it seems many others do) many people posted on here last season that the budget had been spent defensively. Did we buy a forward last summer? The defence was obviously the priority. This season the budget has been spent predominantly on attacking players. This isn''t because we weren''t scoring enough goals last season though. It''s not a lesson learned as so many of you are trying to make out. It''s just a question of priorities. Would you have done it differently?

That age old expression "build from the back" is where we were/are.

Nutty said. " This season the budget has been spent predominantly on attacking players. This isn''t because we weren''t scoring enough goals last season though."

Ah I see, thanks for explaining that one!

Well isolated Winky. Now try and address the point I was making about the two respective budgets. Money can''t be spent twice. Would you have done it the other way around and built from the front?

Oh, and is calling you Winky ok buddy?

Most people on this thread have backed hughton this season. Me included.

Just seems that you can''t say anything constructive against the team.

If anything , the board is a lot more positive than what it was last year. Just go with it nige

We are all backing him Cusdp but Nutty seems to be seized by paranoia. Can be an early sign of dementia, best not mention that though eh?

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Can you please also refrain from calling other posters ''buddy'' from now on, it comes across like you are talking down to the them, no offence intended[/quote]

You might be interested in purchasing the new "Forum Moderator 2013" computer game now available from all reputable gaming stores for just £14.99. In realistic game format this gives you full powers to moderate your own message board. You can move posts around, reprimand and ban posters, filter out offensive words like buddy, in fact all the power you crave.

Nigel,You cant argue things both ways. Things werent good for the last half of the season. Just by stating the obvious doesnt somehow make those that were concered a lower class of disloyal supporter. It is perfectlty acceptable for concerned posters to say this on a message board and by so doing, it doesnt mean that they are Delia hating binners who dare to challenge the orthodoxy of complete obedience.Like Van Wink says, of things were that rosy last year, why has teh squad been so radically dismantled. By the same logic, anyone who was happy with the second half of last season should be really upset by all these new signings and the discarding of the palyers that achieved so much last year.By the way, just in case I am criticised for not having a view, I think Hughton is doing a decent enough job but he needs to differentiate his strategy between keeping a shape against the top clubs and not holding too much back against teams that are there for the taking (i.e. Newcastle at home last year). Let''s hope that we dont sit back against Hull and that we give them something to worry about.Loosen up a bit  - the world is simply not a black or white place, there is room for all kinds of shades.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Nigel,You cant argue things both ways. Things werent good for the last half of the season. Just by stating the obvious doesnt somehow make those that were concered a lower class of disloyal supporter. It is perfectlty acceptable for concerned posters to say this on a message board and by so doing, it doesnt mean that they are Delia hating binners who dare to challenge the orthodoxy of complete obedience.Like Van Wink says, of things were that rosy last year, why has teh squad been so radically dismantled. By the same logic, anyone who was happy with the second half of last season should be really upset by all these new signings and the discarding of the palyers that achieved so much last year.By the way, just in case I am criticised for not having a view, I think Hughton is doing a decent enough job but he needs to differentiate his strategy between keeping a shape against the top clubs and not holding too much back against teams that are there for the taking (i.e. Newcastle at home last year). Let''s hope that we dont sit back against Hull and that we give them something to worry about.Loosen up a bit  - the world is simply not a black or white place, there is room for all kinds of shades.[/quote]It''s called improving the squad, every team is trying to do it. You have to run to stand still in this league. Or would you rather spend the money on a new stand?

Nigel,Ha ha  - I like the idea of the forum moderator software, but suggest that you should also develop some ''thought control'' software that enables everybody to share the same view. By heck, if we had this, we wouldnt even need to purchase the forum moderator software. Wouldnt that be a thing!

Ricardo,Its called irony. If things were seemingly so good last year, why the need for change! It''s not my view, but the inverted logic of the OP.Please note what I said about Hughton - this was not meant to be ironic.

But Lou (is Lou ok?)... it''s you guys who seem to want to continually debate last season. My point is that rumblings of discontent have carried over to this season. If you''re saying that''s understandable because people were not content last season, then you are pretty much agreeing with my opening post buddy.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Ricardo,Its called irony. If things were seemingly so good last year, why the need for change! It''s not my view, but the inverted logic of the OP.Please note what I said about Hughton - this was not meant to be ironic.[/quote]Sorry for misunderstanding your point.We all love a good moan at times but anybody not happy with the last 4 season''s really should think about finding something else to do on a Saturday afternoon.