Sign in to follow this  
Bob W

Gary Hooper

[quote user="Bob W"]Any news on whether Hooper is likely to be fit enough for Hull this weekend?[/quote]Says on the Premier league official site (I was looking as I have him in my fantasy footy team) he has a 50% chance of playing.Whether or not thats accurate, I have no idea.

No need to rush him back, RVW scored and we have Elmander to come on. I''d rather wait until he is completely 100% ready, whenever that is. 

Need him back asap he will be our leading marksman by a country mile this season .

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bob W"]Any news on whether Hooper is likely to be fit enough for Hull this weekend?[/quote]

Says on the Premier league official site (I was looking as I have him in my fantasy footy team) he has a 50% chance of playing.

Whether or not thats accurate, I have no idea.
[/quote]

They have a 50-50 chance of being correct but based on their previous information I''d its probably six of one or half a dozen of the other, possibly a six and two threes scenario.

His injury is just bruising to the shin. Obviously heavy bruising is painful to run on etc which is why he didnt play. Its not like a muscle strain where coming back too soon can put you out for a long time. Because of this id expect to see him on the bench.

[quote user="BSEYELLOW"]His injury is just bruising to the shin. Obviously heavy bruising is painful to run on etc which is why he didnt play. Its not like a muscle strain where coming back too soon can put you out for a long time. Because of this id expect to see him on the bench.[/quote]

I''ll dig out my old Robson Gold shinpads for him. Pretty sure I could have got hit by a bus and carried on playing in those.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="BSEYELLOW"]His injury is just bruising to the shin. Obviously heavy bruising is painful to run on etc which is why he didnt play. Its not like a muscle strain where coming back too soon can put you out for a long time. Because of this id expect to see him on the bench.[/quote]

I''ll dig out my old Robson Gold shinpads for him. Pretty sure I could have got hit by a bus and carried on playing in those.

[/quote]

Ha yea, how they have changed. I used to wear shin pads which nowadays would closer resemble cricket pads than current prem shinpads. 5mm thick plastic from just below the knee all the way to your ankle. I remember wearing them playing hockey at school (mandatory, no my choice) and you could be whacked full pelt with a stick and wouldnt bat an eyelid.

I dont see what protection these new postage stamp sized pads give them, one of the players in the chelsea villa game last night lost one, when he put it back in you could see it was no bigger than the palm of his hand. Crazy.

I have a friend who used to play rugby at a decent level, his fitness coach used to say that shin pads restrict movement and make it harder to use your legs properly to be able to sprint correctly, maybe these guys are using smaller shin pads to be able to move/run faster??

Or this could all be complete b@@@ocks! haha.

Once upon a time they never wore shin pads!

It was considered weak!

And yet they seemed to continue playing all season and the challenges were far more aggricultural than today.

Snake