Sign in to follow this  
jackryan007

All Out Attack

Excluding the top 6 prem teams (Man Utd / Chelsea etc), surely with the players we now have when we are away from home we should go all out attack and try to win games.

We have 19 away games and I would much rather we pick up 5 wins and lose the rest, rather than pick up 10 draws and 9 defeats playing defensive football.

Our home form will be fine - I just want to see us have a go at teams away from home and if we concede a few goals along the way then so be it!

Your thoughts.

Whilst I essentially agree, it really does depend on which team you are attacking.And the trick of this management milarkey is knowing when to, and when to be happy with a point.But I agree we can go away from home and try and be a bit more positive.

Not quite as simple as that Jack, we could go all out attack every away game and end up losing 95% of the games because of that, ending up in relegation.

It is a balancing act, I would imagine we will be set up primarily defensive and hit teams on the counter, that is our best option in my opinion

Go away to any Premiership team and show no respect and we will get our arses kicked. How arrogant are some of our fans becoming?

We don''t need to go "all out attack" to win games away from home. Hopefully with the improved quality in our side, mainly RvW we wont need to create many chances to win the game. That''s the what better Premier League sides do. Not even Manchester United try to steamroll teams away from home. They wait patiently, settle the home fans down, and take the chances once they arrive. That''s what we need to learn to be, clinical. Which we were on Saturday.

Arrogant - what are you talking back, I have total respect for all teams in the premier league - its the best in the world and we are in it. So does that mean we have to get 10 men behind the ball and defend just to show respect to so called bigger clubs???

I don''t think the basic tactics will change much from last year but we should have more possession and use it more effectively. Hopefully that will translate to more goals and less conceded.

[quote user="jackryan007"]Arrogant - what are you talking back, I have total respect for all teams in the premier league - its the best in the world and we are in it. So does that mean we have to get 10 men behind the ball and defend just to show respect to so called bigger clubs??? [/quote]

No.. if we go all out attack against anyone in this league we will probably get spanked. Did you see teams like Fulham coming here showing us no respect in our first season up? They didn''t. They value their PL status too much to do that.

[quote user="morty"]But I agree we can go away from home and try and be a bit more positive.[/quote]Well that shouldn''t be difficult

Even on Saturday all out attack would be crazy as we are playing a side in their first home match in The Premier League, crowd will be pumping, players will be out to impress, plus they have some decent new signings themselves who would certainly be capable enough of notching against us if we were to play that way. Sure, we will probably be a bit more offensive than some away games last season, but I am expecting a thoroughly professional performance where we pick them off at the right time whilst keeping our shape and composure.