Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

OT: Anelka

I just got some very weird looks for bursting into laughter in the office. This is EPIC

Surely though there must be something in a standard contract that stops him doing that? I guess he got a fee for moving there, pocketed that and is now off to enjoy the cash. I''d want that back if I was his club!

Actually he''s left, or taken a break, on ''compassionate grounds'' - his agent has died, whom he was very close to.

His brother has just died, was his best friend and agent. 
Wouldn''t surprise me if they retain his registration and he comes back in a month or two. 

[quote user="Alex "]Actually he''s left, or taken a break, on ''compassionate grounds'' - his agent has died, whom he was very close to.[/quote]
Well yeah, his agent is his brother!

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Alex "]Actually he''s left, or taken a break, on ''compassionate grounds'' - his agent has died, whom he was very close to.[/quote]
[/quote]

Yep, apparently so TNB - am sure he''ll be back playing for them before long though. Poor chap must be gutted.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Alex "]Actually he''s left, or taken a break, on ''compassionate grounds'' - his agent has died, whom he was very close to.[/quote]
[/quote]

Yep, apparently so TNB - am sure he''ll be back playing for them before long though. Poor chap must be gutted.[/quote]
Still, Jermaine Defoe''s brother got shot dead, his nan dropped dead at his brothers funeral, and a few months later his dad died.... and don''t think he missed a single game for Spurs (pulled out of the World Cup mind). 
When emotions are running high people make rash decisions, Anelka has announced his retirement so ''compassionate leave'' isn''t strictly true, West Brom will probably be hoping that he reneges on that given time. 
Feel sorry for the bloke either way, but West Brom fans must be wetting their pants a little, they need a striker or two with 9 days left to get them. 

Horrible news for the player.

But, still, there is a telling contrast with all the Billy Sharps, Brian Gunns, Gordon Browns, et al who don''t just decide to retire after a personal tragedy.

It caught out loads of peopleSky Sports Charlton FC made a very poor jokeStan Collymore over on Talksport had to delete his tweetsThen the 1000''s of funny football accounts on TwitterJust to name a few examplesTwitter is a great source of information but can also be very dangerous !

Speaking from a football point of view, this probably isn''t as bad as we think. The baggies have got Vydra who we were all waxing lyrical about a few weeks ago as a potential signing for us, and also they have today picked up scott sinclaire. Of course they also have Shane Long who can always bang them in when in the mood. I think they will be ok, and put them at a par with us for this season, however I think we will start to pull away from them in a few years.

Well, NWC, in the striking department, WBA have lost Lukaku and released Fortuné.

That leaves Shane Long, who is very good but injury-prone, and Rosenberg who is only marginally more popular with Baggies fans than Odemwingie.

New signing Vydra started last season like a train but ended like a snail.

And Sinclair has played mainly as a winger.