Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Who's paying the wages?

Galatasaray have announced that the loan fee for Elmander is £1,425k  (- UK pounds!). I hope that this means that they continue to pay his wages, or it''s not the bargain we thought we were getting. Or is there some suggestion that there is a possibility of transfer at the end?

That sort of loan fee sounds about right, for a season-long loan with no re-call clause, for a player of Elmander''s ability.

Season-long loan fees reflect the value a club puts on the player to own them for one year. £1.425m in this instance.

Wages will in all likelihood not be included in this amount (unless McNasty is some sort of negotiating dark lord).

I doubt the wages are included. I also don''t think it''s an expensive loan fee. I remember McNally saying Newcastle wanted something like the amount we''d spent on our whole midfield that summer for the loan of Forster.

The 1.425m is part of our player budget for this season and it''s probably money well spent.

I would rather pay a loan fee of £1.425m with the option/chance to offer him a deal on a freebie at the end of the year, than I would pay a transfer fee of £1.425m and giving him a two year deal. This year will keep him hungry, if he wants a contract with us in June 2014 when his Galatasaray deal ends then he is going to need to impress on the pitch. 

You have misread what I have said:

I said it is costing us about 35-40k a week.

I did not say that these were his wages, but could include wgaes.

Half fee half wages? Are we paying all of his wages?

We pay Gala that amount and they then continue to pay him.  I doubt Norwich are paying him directly as the contract is with Gala.

Just a possibilty, not fact.

Snake

Snake, yup, misread your previous post............I see what you mean.

it''s possible, as Elmander was probably on circa 60-70K a week at Gala.

If, as we were told, Elmander has only one year left on his contract, then if we wish and he wishes, we could sign him for nothing at the end of the season.

So if the one year contract is true we may be paying over the odds but he becomes our player next July if both sides wish it.

when the Johan rumours started, the story passed around said he was on 1.8m a year, gala would take care of 400k of it, leaving us with 1.4m

perhaps they just didn''t want him on the books all season if he wasn''t going to be happy with the game time he was getting?

The ‘red card’ needs to be shown to the glaring pay inequality at Britain’s top football clubs where millionaire players rub shoulders with match staff who may not get the national minimum wage (NMW).

Unite, the country’s largest union, said it was a scandal that, while top flight players take home an average of £30,000-a-week, some match staff, such as mascots, physio interns and boy ball supervisors, may not get the NMW of £6.19 an hour.

The union welcomed the HM Revenue and Customs’ ‘targeted’ crack down at 44 Premier League and Championship clubs, after receiving evidence of workplace exploitation at some clubs.

Let''s hope City aren''t 1 of those at fault.

For the record, I forget who asked, but I know Fenerbahce are floated on the stock market and therefore obliged to disclose the financial details, including wages and bonuses of all transfers. I would assume Gala are the same although I haven''t checked it out. If so, Elmander''s contract with Gala has the details floating around online somewhere.