Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Gareth Bale - the most expensive player in football???

I think this deserves a mention, likely to become the most expensive transfer thus far? I''m going to set my stall out and say £90 mil.Truly an absurd amount  of money.I think Spurs will spend and have spent wisely, top 4 for them next season?

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]As they are spending so much I wonder what they''ll do if Real Madrid come back and say they will now only pay £70M.[/quote]If Madrid call their bluff, Spurs might start to panic?

A ridiculous amount of money. It does beg the question as to why Madrid are so desperate to land him. Potentially for commercial reasons as Barca signed Neymar, or perhaps Perez''s ego is so big he''s willing to spend what he likes in order to get his man.

Does leave questions as to the future of Cristiano Ronaldo. He will not be happy that Bale is coming to Madrid and will not want to play as a striker. He will be coming back to the Premier League this season or next.

It''s still less than the biggest win on Euro millions.

If this goes through could we see Ronaldo to Man U.  If that happened if was Arsenal and if they do really have any real ambition, I''d break the bank to sign both Rooney and Suarez. 

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="City1st"]this just makes a monkey out of the game

[/quote]

You watched The One Show tonight then

[/quote]err, nono positionbad enough doing this whilst I supposed be attending to something else

which rather distracted me as I meant to saythis is just making the game out of a monkey

Not just in Hartlepool NBS, H''angus the monkey (the Hartlepool mascot) MAYOR of Hartlepool.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/1965569.stm

and also the citizens of Hartlepool hung a monkey thinking it was a French spy during the Napoleonic wars (hence the mascot)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]how soon before we see football''s first Billion pound transfer?
[/quote]

MMMM not in your lifetime or your sons, sons lifetime

I think he is the most exciting player in the Prem.

As for worth, anything is worth what someone will pay.

Madrid got their money back on Ronaldo in 2 years on shirt sales alone, guessing they hope the same thing will happen with Bale shirts. They are already on sale!

It is crazy and something needs to be done about capping transfer fees per player and total squad spending and earnings, it doesnt need to be particlular low caps but just some control and fairness,but it will never happen unfortunately. 

That said Bale is an amazing player, like Ronaldo a genuine match changer/winner and these types of players are few and far between.

Once the transfer happens it will certainly trigger many other moves involving the big EPL clubs before deadline day.