Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Elliot Bennett

Wish him well, played well Saturday. I did think he was fourth choice this season and certainly it is an area that I expect us to invest in the summer of 2014. So it was an important season for him and pilky who suffered a long term injury.

So lets see what the club decides to do.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Doesn''t it just, it''s a bloody long recovery too. Managed to tear my Cruciate, Medial and Cartlidge in my right knee when I was 16. Never played the piano again.[/quote]

The noise mine made when it went twang made people think on the sidelines think I had broken a bone. So I find it odd  that Elliot did this during the game, it must have been in training. Its really not the sort of thing you run off and carry on playing with.

Oddly when I did mine the second time it didn''t hurt as much lol.
[/quote]

I don''t envy you doing that a 2nd time, once was more than enough.

I was going to mention the sound, it''s one of those noises you''ll never forget. As I did my medial too my knee swelled up on the inside to the point where the paramedics assumed I''d broken my tibia and it was that that almost sticking through the side of my knee. As it turns out I was told I''d probably have been better off if that was the case, still have trouble with it now, but then I didn''t get the sort of care Benno will hopefully get.

Really hope that''s not what he''s done, it''s as difficult mentally as it is physically to come back from, even more so if you''ve done it twice I''d imagine? It''s always in the back of your mind which makes it difficult to be fully committed to a challenge, which obviously increases the risk of injury anyway.

When I did mine the noise was so loud it launched the Gorleston Life Boat..... and I still went on and climbed up to Everest Base Camp before I realised I had done anything.....to top it all off I was only out for a week before I did a bungee jump having just completed the Tour de France.... amazing!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Doesn''t it just, it''s a bloody long recovery too. Managed to tear my Cruciate, Medial and Cartlidge in my right knee when I was 16. Never played the piano again.[/quote]The noise mine made when it went twang made people think on the sidelines think I had broken a bone. So I find it odd  that Elliot did this during the game, it must have been in training. Its really not the sort of thing you run off and carry on playing with.Oddly when I did mine the second time it didn''t hurt as much lol.[/quote]

I don''t envy you doing that a 2nd time, once was more than enough.

I was going to mention the sound, it''s one of those noises you''ll never forget. As I did my medial too my knee swelled up on the inside to the point where the paramedics assumed I''d broken my tibia and it was that that almost sticking through the side of my knee. As it turns out I was told I''d probably have been better off if that was the case, still have trouble with it now, but then I didn''t get the sort of care Benno will hopefully get.

Really hope that''s not what he''s done, it''s as difficult mentally as it is physically to come back from, even more so if you''ve done it twice I''d imagine? It''s always in the back of your mind which makes it difficult to be fully committed to a challenge, which obviously increases the risk of injury anyway.

[/quote]I did mine the first time on a dusty pitch in Kuwait lol, going in for a tackle, knee on knee clash, BANG!As I was in the forces I did rehab at Headley Court, which is world class, and was fit again pretty quickly. It was never the same again though, never played proper football again, only 5 a side, and it was always tentative. They did a hamstring graft, which took a third of my hamstring, so was very prone to strains, and they left way too much laxity in it, which led to it snapping again, oddly playing volleyball.Had a standard patellar tendon graft second time, and again did good rehab. But called a halt on contact sports, was advised not to run again. Had my second op when I was 37, am 45 now so too old to be playing footy anyway, but I would love a game again if I could.Techniques have advanced even more now, Benno will be fine, but it really takes a while to build confidence again.

“Losing Elliott is a big blow for us. It’s really bad news for the player first and foremost because I felt he did well against Everton,” said Hughton. “He played the game on Saturday but didn’t have a great reaction and we have since found that there was a knee problem that was operated on last night and will keep him out for a number of months.”

Maybe a partial tear in a different ligament?

Yes, it''s a horrible injury as anyone who has had a ligament tear can attest. A completely torn ACL, partial MCL and blown meniscus ended my college soccer (US) days. Had what they call a "total knee" surgery, and now I''m able to run and play again. The recovery time is a killer though. Hope Benno is able to pull through.

Well hasn''t this thread turned into reunion of the Bad Knee Club :P

In fairness I thought I''d done my ACL for a second time at the start of this summer and was devastated, luckily it seems to have not been the case.

Get well soon Benno.

This has come out of the blue, a big blow, he had appeared to be growing into the Premier League. He''s become one of the best crosses of the ball at the club, and a really hard worker over ninety minutes. Just hope his recovery goes exceptionally well.

Really feel for Bennett here, thought he had a good game on Saturday and would have liked to have seen him start against Hull. I think he''s a decent player that has had trouble keeping his place, even after excellent performances - I remember last season a couple of assists v Swansea, then dropped against Arsenal for the next game, then a goal v Reading and dropped for the defeat to Stoke. So this is another blow after putting in a good shift last week, hope he has a speedy recovery

@Ebenno88: Thanks for all of the well wishes. Really overwhelmed by how many messages of support I''ve had. Much appreciated. #BennoBackStronger 👊👍❤

Good luck Benno!

I can join Bad knee club - Tore the meniscus in my right knee a few years ago playing footy. Going for a 50/50 ball, I got there first, and as the other guy slid in, I flicked it over him with my left foot... Unfortunately, rhat left all my weight on my right leg, which he promptly slid into full force.

I hit the deck and my first thought was "I don''t think I''m getting up from this". I was on crutches for 3 months but playing footy again after 6, it hurt afterwards for a bit but once i had built strength back up it was ok.

Doesn''t give me any problems now really, and I can still play footy.

I hope Benno makes a speedy recovery, and returns to make an impact for us.

dislocated my left knee playing footy at school in my younger day...

recovered from that! now suffer terribly with my ankle... to the point I think my playing days are pretty much over... still, 32 now and its a young mans game, plus I am coaching which I enjoy far more than I ever enjoyed playing.

May play the odd game every now and again but have gone from playing around 20 games a year to 3 in the last 2 years.