Gutted to be out with a knee

injury. Luckily I have great medical staff at club and best people

around me to get me through this tough time

26m

Will use this bad time to

improve, I will comeback stronger, faster and better as a player and a

person. Thanks for your messages!

Oh B****ks :(

I wonder how bad it is? Surely not the dreaded cruciate knee ligaments?! I guess this must be a training injury?

@NorwichCityFC: Hughton: ''No Gary Hooper yet unfortunately. But Snodgrass and Bassong have trained and are in contention.''

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Confirms what we have long heard about Elliot the man.......one of the nice guys.[/quote]

Yes.. I should imagine he''s one of the most popular players we''ve had here in recent times. Watching him when he''s on the bench he is always the first to congratulate his team mates at half-time, full-time or when a goal is scored.

I guess Snoddy being "in contention" has just been upgraded to "playing" just through lack of other options. Hope he doesn''t get rushed back and do major damage!

This came out of the blue. Played on Saturday, knee ligament surgery by Wednesday?  
Big loss and we had better hope that Pilkington doesn''t pick up another injury because we can''t bank on a 19 year old playing week in week out. 
Then again we do have Olsson who can play left wing, and Pilkington and Redmond can both play on the right. 
Just feel sorry for the guy because he looked really sharp and up for it on Saturday, could have been his time to stamp his mark on the league. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]This came out of the blue. Played on Saturday, knee ligament surgery by Wednesday?  

Big loss and we had better hope that Pilkington doesn''t pick up another injury because we can''t bank on a 19 year old playing week in week out. 

Then again we do have Olsson who can play left wing, and Pilkington and Redmond can both play on the right. 

Just feel sorry for the guy because he looked really sharp and up for it on Saturday, could have been his time to stamp his mark on the league. 
[/quote]

Forgot about Olsson being good for the left wing. Suppose him on the left and Redmond on his preferred right will have to be the way if Snodders isn''t quite ready!

This is a real shame.  Benno is an honest, hard working player. Get well soon fella.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Surely Hoolihan is an option to play out wide if needed? I hope so, because we just might need him to.[/quote]

No I dont think so

[quote user="city4eva"]WAs a shock to hear he will be out for up to 9 months. hope he comes back a better player[/quote]Have you heard that anywhere official?

This is a real shame for the young man as he must be gutted to be missing a large chunk of the season. I wish him a speedy and full recovery as we all surely do. However, these injuries are part and parcel of the game and why it''s so important to have cover for each position. It also emphasises the value of the utility player able to cover several roles. They tend to be a bit decried but I remember players like Paul Madeley and his value to Leeds United when they were in their pomp under Don Revie.

Gutted for him, thought he was excellent Saturday. Has the type of knee injury been specified anywhere? Apparently he did it during the game on Saturday but the severity wasn''t realised until after. Quite surprised at that if it''s his Cruciate as suggested, speaking as someone who has torn theirs.

I wish him a speedy recovery whatever the injury.

one ''positive'' I suppose and this it happened before the squad was announced so he can be left out and his space filled by another player (a new squad is announced beginning of feb so we can see then)either way it looks as there will be a few more comings and goings before 2nd Septalso good luck to Elliot in his recovery, a bitter blow to suffer just as he had made the starting line up

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Gutted for him, thought he was excellent Saturday. Has the type of knee injury been specified anywhere? Apparently he did it during the game on Saturday but the severity wasn''t realised until after. Quite surprised at that if it''s his Cruciate as suggested, speaking as someone who has torn theirs.

I wish him a speedy recovery whatever the injury.[/quote]Speaking as someone who has done his left cruciate twice, I agree with your surprise.Hurts, doesn''t it?

Doesn''t it just, it''s a bloody long recovery too.

Managed to tear my Cruciate, Medial and Cartlidge in my right knee when I was 16. Never played the piano again.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Doesn''t it just, it''s a bloody long recovery too.

Managed to tear my Cruciate, Medial and Cartlidge in my right knee when I was 16. Never played the piano again.[/quote]The noise mine made when it went twang made people think on the sidelines think I had broken a bone. So I find it odd  that Elliot did this during the game, it must have been in training. Its really not the sort of thing you run off and carry on playing with.Oddly when I did mine the second time it didn''t hurt as much lol.

Sad for the guy, seems a decent honest pro, hope he gets back soon. Thankfully he isn''t a first-choice pick, so maybe not as bad a miss as maybe others might be, we do fortunately have several options for the flanks in Redmond (who I believe prefers the right), Pilks, Olsson and Snod + whatever anyone says, I am pretty sure Wes plays ok there.

Bad luck on the lad. I thought he played well on Saturday and also appeared to have put on a bit of muscle.Best wishes for a speedy recovery Benno, hope to see you back just as soon as you are fit.