Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Best time to play Hull ?

Before they find their feet so to speakRemember our first five games. Conceding penalties, player sent etcBefore we wised up a bit to how things were done in the PL

Although, it could go the other way. First game back in the prem at home, should be well up for it and encouraged from their 2nd half against Chelsea.....we just need to be right on it from the very start and hopefully get an early goal or 2 to deflate them and the fans.

As is usual for away games, I will be more than happy with a point.Historically we average more than a point per game at Hull.

The only thing is that the adverse could be true - promoted sides can often keep their momentum going and start off well. But let''s hope it is the former - we should certainly feel capable of getting a result against them whichever it is, if we play ''properly''.

Not true when we came upafter 4 games we had 2 points as did Swansea - QPR had 4

ps the question is about is this the best timethere''s plenty of other threads about how well we will do. how well we should do , what is, what is not acceptable etc

so put simplybetter to play them now or later in the season when they have played a few PL games ?

3-00 pm this coming Saturday seems a good time.We should be 3-1 up at 4-45pm.

I can see your logic - let''s take advantage before they''ve got up to speed with the PL - but I think there''s a case for arguing the opposite: they''ll be going all out in this game as it''s their first game infront of their fans back in the PL, so they''ll be really fired up and the crowd will be generating loads of noise, more so as this is surely marked down as a winnable game for them (as it will be for us) Whichever way you look at it though, we''re the better team, so hopefully we won''t play for a draw and can get an away win nice and early - was a bit of an Achilles heel for us last season, so let''s start as we mean to continue!

however last season was the same as far as two of the newly promoted teams were concernedafter 4 games Reading had 1 point and Southampton 0 pointsand I''m sure those two clubs were also fired up for their first home games - which delivered nothingthere could also be the consideration of the pressure that first game puts on themso on balance I think now is the best time to play them

Just looked on the Hull website and there are tickets available in several areas of the ground. Row after row of them in some blocks.

It could be a good time, but it''s not a terribly good time for us - all our injuries mean that we lose much of our pace and craft down the wings. I think that we would do well to get a draw. The main bright spark is Fer returning. Will he play in place of Wes?

[quote user="Les"]3-00 pm this coming Saturday seems a good time.
We should be 3-1 up at 4-45pm.
[/quote]

Let''s hope we can hold on in injury time if so !

Seriously looking back newly promoted teams often do get caught out in their first couple of games, I hope we go at them and take advantage.  If we sit back and let them get settled, it could go the other way.

Looking forward to my first proper game of the season tho'' as friendlies and watching on a stream just don''t count.

Hull are one of the weaker teams; we shouldn''t squander the opportunity to secure 3 points! Tough run in, so get the job done early I say!

I''ve been up here in Yorkshire all week awaiting this game - weather is great & an RVW hat trick tomorrow will be most welcome!...

Agreed, we have to look at maximum points from the three promoted teams home and away.

After two seasons in the prem our champ players are more experienced, we have acquired quality prem players and on paper we should win.

Time for the team on paper to prove it against lower opposition.

I am sure we will do very well, I agree some key players are out and therefore I do not have as much confidence but against a team like hull we should show we are the superior unit.

I agree their first home game will come with great anticipation, we have to be professional and not let the occasion bother us. 3 points is required from this game, away wins are critical and certainly against promoted teams who will be in and around the bottom critical.

[quote user="smooth"]Agreed, we have to look at maximum points from the three promoted teams home and away.[/quote]Out of curiosity, how many clubs have achieved that in recent seasons? I''m sure plenty of teams "look at" it, but how many have actually achieved it? http://www.statto.com/ is probably the place to find out if I didn''t have work to do.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Rather than timing, it''s more about how we approach the game. Let''s hope that the manager sets three points as the objective.[/quote]oh dearit is about timing, that was the pointthe game is in the fixture list, we have no choice about this (see my comments above)

Some of their fans on their forum think it will be pretty easy. I don''t understand this whole "These are games hull have to win" attitude. Yes Hull should be looking to win games against the bottom half of teams in the Premier League but to say these are must win games if they''re to stay up is a bit stupid. There are at least 10 teams in this league who we are equal to or better than. I just hope we win, then it will be funny to see their forum in meltdown

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]Some of their fans on their forum think it will be pretty easy. I don''t understand this whole "These are games hull have to win" attitude. Yes Hull should be looking to win games against the bottom half of teams in the Premier League but to say these are must win games if they''re to stay up is a bit stupid. There are at least 10 teams in this league who we are equal to or better than. I just hope we win, then it will be funny to see their forum in meltdown[/quote]I think that, generally, Norwich City are seen as a club lucky to be in the league still. Your average fan still sees us as "little old" Norwich I''m afraid.

"Your average fan still sees us as "little old" Norwich I''m afraid."and many of them are our lot !