Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Borough Bid for Becchio

Carlton Morris is an absolute beast who I think may stand up to the rigours of first team football more than Loza. However, that''s just buying into the age old English myth of picking strength over talent, ball control, and skill. Loza has shown ability at all levels but may struggle with the physicality. Both very exciting prospects though that should hopefully get a few chances in the coming years.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

We''ve got a great young prospect in Carlton Morris. Still playing for the U18s he scored their 2 goals at the weekend and was promoted to the U21s against Villa on Monday. But all that''s a long way from the EPL. Did anyone see the Villa game? If so how did Morris play, did he handle the step up?

[/quote]

I really liked the look of Morris when I was going to the cup run games, I think he has the attributes to fit into the first team soon.
[/quote]

Are you going to the Chelsea game on Tuesday buddy?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

We''ve got a great young prospect in Carlton Morris. Still playing for the U18s he scored their 2 goals at the weekend and was promoted to the U21s against Villa on Monday. But all that''s a long way from the EPL. Did anyone see the Villa game? If so how did Morris play, did he handle the step up?

[/quote]I really liked the look of Morris when I was going to the cup run games, I think he has the attributes to fit into the first team soon.[/quote]

Are you going to the Chelsea game on Tuesday buddy?

[/quote]Didn''t know about it. I may well do, will let you know[Y]

Morris was excellent in the Cup winning team, from what I saw of him on the telly, a Holty protege if ever there was one.

It would be great to see a youngster good enough to take up a 4 th striker role, but for that he really has to be outstanding, Morris may be that good but I don''t think so atm,

Surely a season loan to develop and get used to the rigour of regular first team football would be the best thing for him right now.

If we get in another CAM then the need for a 4th choice striker isn''t as urgent, however we are then relying on never being without 2 of the 3 strikers at any one time so for me it is still a bit of a risk, 1 injured, 1 suspended for example.

I think the alternative to a 4th choice is staring us all in the face - Nathan Redmond!  He''s great on the ball, has pace and has a decent shot on him.  I think he''s one of those players ala Walcott who would be comfortable on the wing or upfront. 

If he develops his eye for goal and progresses to playing more as a forward, he could easily be as good as Defoe has been.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Looked lacklustre and well short of the quality needed, but that could be down to playing twice in three days. He was also the only one substituted five minutes from time - and no sign of Hughton!The only two players who impressed me were  the CB Gafaiti and Josh Murphy,  who put some useful balls into the danger area that were not capitalised on. Both could quite easily find their way onto the bench this season.

Thanks  Orford. It could have been down to 2 games in 3 days but it was also quote a big step up for the lad. To consider him for the EPL and to be our 4th striker would be ridiculous in my opinion. But if he''s getting a go with the under 21s he''s still on the right course.

Feel kind of sorry for him, never seemed to get a real chance to show what he could do, but it will be better off for both parties if he moves.

I''m with those questioning the need for a 4th out and out striker, a quality striker will not be prepared to be 4th choice.