Sign in to follow this  
Colin Teapot

Team News for Hull

There''s really nothing wrong with being skeptical of an anonymous post of a backwater message board. The disrespectful tone of the dissent was over the top, but far from surprising.

Regarding the team for Hull...

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson/Garrido

Snoddy Howson Johnson Redmond

Fer

RvW

[quote user="Ray"]

Hi ABC,

Thank you.  Peals of laughter, not so much, given the original topic, a young man who started the season so well and having it ended so abruptly, but satisfaction in knowing, or hoping, perhaps forlornly, that some lessons have been learned!!

One can but hope!

[/quote]

Thanks Ray

You''re absolutely right - the actual content regarding EB is horrific.

My observations were aimed at some of the responses people were making without even giving them the benefit of the doubt. If someone doesn''t believe the information, either keep quiet or politley ask for further verification. This very obviously wasn''t happening in this case!

With regards to apologies - I did see on another thread (page 65 of the Quagliarella one) that Morison''s Prozac acknowledged getting shot down in flames for his responses on this thread.......

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]There''s really nothing wrong with being skeptical of an anonymous post of a backwater message board. The disrespectful tone of the dissent was over the top, but far from surprising. Regarding the team for Hull... Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson/Garrido Snoddy Howson Johnson Redmond Fer RvW[/quote]

I''d make this team about right............and even in the absence of Bennett and Hooper, a bench with Elmander,Hoolahan and possibly Pilkington still provides us with more altertatives than we had vs Everton.

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]There''s really nothing wrong with being skeptical of an anonymous post of a backwater message board. The disrespectful tone of the dissent was over the top, but far from surprising.

Regarding the team for Hull...

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson/Garrido

Snoddy Howson Johnson Redmond

Fer

RvW[/quote]

Very sad to hear about Eliot Bennett''s injury.  I feel he was going to be a key member of the squad for this season and would feature in the team a lot.  However, the team for Saturday I would agree with the above, except I think Turner will stay in with Bassong being given a little longer to recover.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Very sad to hear about Eliot Bennett''s injury.  I feel he was going to be a key member of the squad for this season and would feature in the team a lot.  However, the team for Saturday I would agree with the above, except I think Turner will stay in with Bassong being given a little longer to recover.[/quote]

I was thinking that too, but Bassong did play a full 90 recently. Still, this is a good game to rest him if needed.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Love the way Tilly bumped it, just to add some crimson to the red face.[/quote]

Now then Winky stop being an idiot as my first post stated "where did this news come from ?" as the OP gave the news about this injury coupled to the other news about Snoddy back running and Almander here for a medical.Those two facts had been documented in other threads but this Benno news was completely out of the blue and Colin Teapot just gave it a passing mention. He did not reply hence me bumping it. I was curious and concerned and fair play to Mr.Teapot for being correct but why he did not put any meat on the bones is a matter for him. As for the crimson red face over my posts I hardly think so but carry on with your agenda.

Anyway on topic this is a bitter blow for both Benno and the fans.

I couldn''t resist it Tilly, but your explanation in fairness is accurate.

And the bitter blow of the injury is obviously a given.

It wouldn''t be the first time you''ve misrepresented someone on here would it Winky. Now how about you man up a little and tell us what name you used to post under in the days when Bly posted on here?

Gutted for Benno who looked like he''d worked really hard pre-season and played well against Everton.

Well done Teapot.

Really sad news on Benno, was hoping this wasn''t true. It''s also a shame Hooper isn''t ready for Hull.

Bad injury news aside, this thread sums this board up nowadays for me.

Thank you to the op for bothering to post, I''m sure their are plenty that appreciated it even though the news wasn''t what we wanted to hear.

To be fair to Tilly he didn''t shoot Colin Teapot down, he just politely asked where the info came from - nowt wrong with that.

I don''t want to get embroiled in the who said what arguments, don''t care, but isn''t it kind of pointless asking people with actual information what their source is?

They or their source will inevitably be in the cr@p if they tell you. You either choose to believe them or not, but no one with credible information is going to tell you where it originated from on a public message board or pm a stranger.

[quote user="Monty13"]I don''t want to get embroiled in the who said what arguments, don''t care, but isn''t it kind of pointless asking people with actual information what their source is?

They or their source will inevitably be in the cr@p if they tell you. You either choose to believe them or not, but no one with credible information is going to tell you where it originated from on a public message board or pm a stranger.[/quote]

This is absolutely spot on. No harm in asking, but if it''s genuine it''ll rarely be revealed. When I worked in the music industry, a favourite trick used by bands when checking out ''new friends or employees'' was to feed them total nonsense and see if the story ended up in the public domain I.e message boards etc. If so, they didn''t remain an employee or within the ''inner circle'' for long... Just a word of warning to those that have NCFC connections and let out the odd cat in the bag...

Steady on here guys as we are talking about a player being injured not some breach of a confidentiality.

I can''t believe the response from these giddy schoolgirls who were indeed right about some awful news, and yet completely disregard Elliott Bennett''s injury and use it as a way to gleefully express their superiority over some very mild questioning of the original post.

[quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]I can''t believe the response from these giddy schoolgirls who were indeed right about some awful news, and yet completely disregard Elliott Bennett''s injury and use it as a way to gleefully express their superiority over some very mild questioning of the original post.[/quote]

I think this is a case of mischief making on your part. The thread was started by somebody passing on some disturbing news which was subsequently hijacked by a "mob attack". Your understandstanding of the English language is tempered by your wilful disregard of the salient points made. Furthermore, the superiority you refer to actually applies to those who applied the "very mild" questioning.

Whilst I don''t judge posters on their "posts count", it does look suspiciously like you are one of those applying the "very mild" questioning under another pseudonym - after all, this is your 1st post under this moniker........

hands up, i''ll admit i was wrong...i assumed it was another attention seeking thread...i am, however, not sorry i was wrong. speedy recovery benno.

I can assure you I am not one of the hounders of the original post, although I did assume it to be BS but couldn''t be bothered to call it. I agree that the initial desire to get one up was from the aforementioned posters, and so this thread highlights the superiority complex so abundant on this messageboard. People must remember that ''winning points'' on this messageboard will not buy them a house or find them a wife. Still I don''t wish to be hated before I''ve even started so will leave it there. OTBC and best wishes to EB and his recovery.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="The Funky Homosapien"]I can''t believe the response from these giddy schoolgirls who were indeed right about some awful news, and yet completely disregard Elliott Bennett''s injury and use it as a way to gleefully express their superiority over some very mild questioning of the original post.[/quote]

I think this is a case of mischief making on your part. The thread was started by somebody passing on some disturbing news which was subsequently hijacked by a "mob attack". Your understandstanding of the English language is tempered by your wilful disregard of the salient points made. Furthermore, the superiority you refer to actually applies to those who applied the "very mild" questioning.

Whilst I don''t judge posters on their "posts count", it does look suspiciously like you are one of those applying the "very mild" questioning under another pseudonym - after all, this is your 1st post under this moniker........

[/quote]

I take it the OP just stating " Elliott Bennett out 6-9 months knee injury" nothing more and nothing less some 4 days after a game in which he played a full 90 minutes with no sign of injury and nothing being said either by Hughton or the media does not warrant " very mild "questioning ? Ok but I not not agree ABC as I think the OP was aware that such a flippant remark without any substance to back it up would rattle a few cages especially on here. After all 6-9 months could well be the whole season.

The Funky Homosapien wrote:

People must remember that ''winning points'' on this messageboard will not buy them a house or find them a wife.

Or a husband.

How far down has this forum fallen. A Norwich City message board where posters are more concerned with scoring points than the injury to one of our young players. Pathetic.