Sign in to follow this  
Colin Teapot

Team News for Hull

Well done Teapot, apart from the seriousness of Elliott''s injury, I guess this feels good.

Glad it has been made official, at last I was almost at bursting point!!

To the victor the spoils!

If this is the case, do you feel we need to find an urgent replacement?

A cheeky bid for Scott Sinclair maybe?

Unless we go for using Josh Murphy as cover?

Thoughts?

Snake

Love the way Tilly bumped it, just to add some crimson to the red face.

I actually think with Snodgrass possibly fit again, and Pilks waiting in the wings we should be ok. Also Redmond can play on the right as can Olsson. So I don''t think we''re by any means desperate.

I do remember seeing Bennett limping about for a bit after one particular challenge, and after this he seemed to not be running as freely. Shame as I thought he played really well.

Pilks is injury prone for me, as much as I like him, we can''t rely on him.

Losing Bennett means we have lost a quick winger who can cover right back.

Ollsson is more of a left back for me and is better than Garrido.  IMO this has left us short and we need an addition, especially as this is for a few months not weeks!

Knee injuries are notoriously difficult to fully recover from.  This sound like Medial or Curuciate ligament damage or Cartilage!

Snake

Would be great to see Murphy in, unfortunately think he is a bit too raw at the moment, him one side and Redmond the other would certainly give us pace on the wings though and be excitting to watch!!

Some posters seem to have gone very quiet, no surprise there then I guess Teapot!!

Appear not to have a sufficient enough self image to accept they were wrong, congratulate you and learn from the experience!!

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

Pilks is injury prone for me, as much as I like him, we can''t rely on him.

Losing Bennett means we have lost a quick winger who can cover right back.

Ollsson is more of a left back for me and is better than Garrido.  IMO this has left us short and we need an addition, especially as this is for a few months not weeks!

Knee injuries are notoriously difficult to fully recover from.  This sound like Medial or Curuciate ligament damage or Cartilage!

Snake

[/quote]Doubt its ACL, would be a lot more than a few months (if it was a rupture)Has he been known to be prone to cartilage problems in the past?

I always thought that if I saw pages of people cheering one of our players getting a long term injury just to show rightfully skeptical people how wrong they were to not believe something without evidence, then it would be the end of my time here.That day has finally come.Well done to the regulars of the Pink''Un messageboard. You have turned a mediocre forum run using terrible scripts on equally shoddy servers into a truly one-of-a-kind experience. I don''t believe there''s anywhere else in the world you can find such a smorgasbord of banality, repetition and dullness.

Paddy Davitt, writer for EDP + pinkun on twitter:

@paddyjdavitt: "No hooper for hull either for #ncfc. Bassong looks the nearest of injured boys to involvement. Snoddy trained today for first time #ncfc"

[quote user="Fozzie"]I always thought that if I saw pages of people cheering one of our players getting a long term injury just to show rightfully skeptical people how wrong they were to not believe something without evidence, then it would be the end of my time here.That day has finally come.Well done to the regulars of the Pink''Un messageboard. You have turned a mediocre forum run using terrible scripts on equally shoddy servers into a truly one-of-a-kind experience. I don''t believe there''s anywhere else in the world you can find such a smorgasbord of banality, repetition and dullness.[/quote]

Nice try - it''s not me with the problem.  I am not and have not cheering his injury.  I thought news of one of our first choice (18) players getting a long term injury might be something that people on a discussion board might be interested in.  I didn''t ask for the ridiculous abuse that the regulars served up.  They have the problem and have turned this into some form of playground.

Rightfully scepitical?  really?  Tilly asked twice where I had got the news from...everyone else just through abuse.  We are laughing at them...not Elliott Bennett who appears the nicest and most grateful man in the world, depsite never being given the rightful run in the team he deserves.

What is sad is that he is out of contract next summer. 

If Snoddy is not 100% fit I don''t see how we can risk him with Bennett out for so long?

That leaves just Ollsson, Redmond and Hoolahan as possible wingers with 2 of them heavily left sided.

I would go and get Scott Sinclair immediately, if possible! Although I know it is not as simple as that!

Would not be surprised to see Josh on the bech for Saturday!

Snake

To Colin & Ray:

There''s an old saying "He who laughs last, laughs loudest" - and I think I can hear your peals of laughter all the way in Basingstoke! Well done! Especially so given the childish abuse hurled at you.

As Bethnal pointed out, there was a briefing today and wait until that before the character assassination. Pity some people are so quick to get personal and dismissive with their responses. 

Of course from my perspective, it means that I will be looking at you guys as two of the more reliable sources of information regarding activities at the 2 C''s

Once again, thanks and keep up the good work!

[quote user="Fozzie"]I always thought that if I saw pages of people cheering one of our players getting a long term injury just to show rightfully skeptical people how wrong they were to not believe something without evidence, then it would be the end of my time here.That day has finally come.Well done to the regulars of the Pink''Un messageboard. You have turned a mediocre forum run using terrible scripts on equally shoddy servers into a truly one-of-a-kind experience. I don''t believe there''s anywhere else in the world you can find such a smorgasbord of banality, repetition and dullness.[/quote]

But Fozzie, there''s a right way to go about skepticism - if you politely doubt it then fine, but if you pile in on a poster ridiculing him just because others in the past have made stuff up and/or you fancy giving someone a bit of grief then you deserve a huge slice of the proverbial humble pie - and an apology to the Teapot et al (my guess is you won''t get one from many, though you can be sure they''ll be following this thread ;)). But anyway, fair play Colin for the correct info - now about that next new signing... ? ;)

If you start Ollsson we have no real cover at full back. I would have Ollson on the bench and start Wes as the wide left.

Thus:

Johnson         Fer

Redmond       Howson     Hoolahan

Or I did see Fer play left midfield in the Friendly against Panathinaikos so it could look like:

Johnson                 Tettey

Redmond      Howson/Hoolahan     Fer

Who knows?

Snake

Pretty sure last time Teapost posted some team news the same thing happened.

Shame for Elliott, 6 months a long time to use someone out of position maybe we will loan someone in

I doubt we will get anyone in, as we do have youngsters in the Murphy twins who can cover should the need arise.

Sad news and good luck with his recovery.

has the duration EB will be out of action actually been alluded to in more specific terms than ''a few months'' by anyone at the club?

someone further back in this thread stated that it sounded like a cruciate injury, or medial collateral, or cartilage.

well, there isn''t really much else it could be!! Stick out tongue [:P]

Hi ABC,

Thank you.  Peals of laughter, not so much, given the original topic, a young man who started the season so well and having it ended so abruptly, but satisfaction in knowing, or hoping, perhaps forlornly, that some lessons have been learned!!

One can but hope!

If we are looking at 6 months that is a long time with limited cover is it not?

Even if Snoddy remains fit we lack options on the right side and Elliot gave us pace.  That will be missed as an option.  Is Josh ready?

Bit of a risk to go all the way through to Jan with a rooky as not just cover, but a viable tactical option?

Snake

Given Elliott may be out some time, and that his contract ends next summer, is it possible that we may now go in to the transfer market looking for a right winger? Perhaps CH will be happy to give the young Murphy twin his big chance? Interesting times, but do feel for Elliott - hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Fell sorry for Elliot bennet, hope he comes back bigger and stronger, and to all the people who hurled childish abuse at the OP please leave these forums, that''s the main problem with these forums, to many childish people

Well done Teapot.

This has been the most amusing thread. I''ve enjoyed it so much I''ve just read every post again. It was even better knowing how it ended.

Oh and no Fozzie, nice try but your outrage deliberately misses the point as I am sure you are well aware, a vain attempt at deflection! Even more hilarious!

Shame about Benno though.