Sign in to follow this  
Sly Dog

Bruce and what he thinks of Norwich

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story-19700357-detail/story.html#axzz2cmtxN8xR

I think Bruce has just gone up in my estimation. Especially at the end of the article where he creditis Norwich with his first big chance in football.

I wonder if Hull''s fans are moaning about him being too complimentary to the opposition?

Nice find OP, thanks for the post.

Buuuut: ''They''re a club that''s not far off our size'' ??! Does Brucey mean we''re almost as big as Hull or the other way round? They averaged 17,000 last season ffs! Tin pot club through and through.

What shocks me is people are surprised! Everytime I have read what he has said in the media or seen him speak on TV he has always been very complimentary about us (Norwich City).

He''s right, we gave him his ''breakthrough'' move, and rightfully respects that until this day.

@Jedi: ""Home banker"......no such thing in the EPL." The article doesn''t state that either. It states " . . . . . looks as close to a home banker as the Tigers are likely to find in these inhospitable new surroundings . . . . "

I still don''t agree with it though as I think Cardiff and Palace would be easier propositions. And on top of that the likes of Stoke who historically don''t travel well at all.

Also Man City at home to Hull would be a home banker. The odds would be stacked against them. Home banker does exist but it doesn''t always materialise that is all.

From the Steve Bruce article:

"..as if to underline an increasing gulf between the Premier League establishment and the newcomers such as City."

I had to re-read the sentence to check which City was being referred to as newcomers, and who the ''PL establishment'' includes. They are playing down their local team''s chances of course, but still... nice to read, that!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- chicken said: And on top of that the likes of Stoke who historically don''t travel well at all.

Aside from a few years under Lambert, we don''t travel well. In the premiership, two away wins last season and zero under Nigel Worthington.[/quote]

HOUGHTON OUT [:|]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- chicken said: And on top of that the likes of Stoke who historically don''t travel well at all.

Aside from a few years under Lambert, we don''t travel well. In the premiership, two away wins last season and zero under Nigel Worthington.[/quote]

HOUGHTON OUT [:|][/quote]Your deliberate misspelling of his name, purely for comedy reasons, is disrespectful.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- chicken said: And on top of that the likes of Stoke who historically don''t travel well at all.

HOUGHTON OUT [:|][/quote]Your deliberate misspelling of his name, purely for comedy reasons, is disrespectful.[;)][/quote]It''s a deliberate attempt to upset ''certain posters''. [W]

Whenever I''ve met Norwich fans either travelling to games, at games or just in every day life the ones who pronounce it "Houghton" are the ones who dont think he''s a good enough manager.

The one''s who call him "Hughton" are the people who like him...

Funny that!

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"- "Whenever I''ve met Norwich fans either travelling to games, at games or just in every day life the ones who pronounce it "Houghton" are the ones who dont think he''s a good enough managerThe one''s who call him "Hughton" are the people who like him...Funny that!"

Understandable. People who don''t like me usually mispronounce my name as "a$$hole."

[quote user="PortlandCanary"]Grant Holt''s 3 year contract"- "Whenever I''ve met Norwich fans either travelling to games, at games or just in every day life the ones who pronounce it "Houghton" are the ones who dont think he''s a good enough managerThe one''s who call him "Hughton" are the people who like him...Funny that!"

Understandable. People who don''t like me usually mispronounce my name as "a$$hole."[/quote]

My favourite lines from Black Adder -

What''s your first name Baldric?I don''t know.You must have a first name!It might be P*ssoff.P*ssoff?Yes, every time people used to see me they used to say "Pissoff Baldric". 

As for mispelling "Houghton" in jest, there are ways of doing that are obviously  humourous (as in this thread), or there are ways of doing it that are not.    There''s no accounting for tastes.........

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="morty"]I wonder if Hull''s fans are moaning about him being too complimentary to the opposition?[/quote]
[:D]
[/quote]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_chris_hughton_is_a_confirmed_admirer_of_steve_bruce_1_2352398?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeedSounds like they''ll be disappearing up a Brokeback Mountain some time soon.