Sign in to follow this  
Mr 4-6-0

James Vaughan

I know that he is now playing at a lower level, but, todays result means that he''s scored 4 goals already for Huddersfield.

Huddersfield seemed to indicate that they signed him for less than £1 million.  Just wondered whether this is viewed as good business?

Personally, I would rather have kept him and got rid of Becchio.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Largely irrelevant if we only ever have one striker on the pitch at any given time.[/quote]Irrelevant if we have 5 strikers on the pitch as he doesnt play for us anymore. Too many injuries anyhow.

Hope we can say the same about players like holt etc. who does care

It is about Ncfc not individuals at other teams

For some of us, it''s nice to get the odd update on a former Canary. It''s even nicer if someone else has the info and puts it on here so all we need to do is read their post rather than research it.

Resrenting such threads is stupid. Ignoring the thread is the way to go if you''re not interested in it. Coming on here to bittch about it only serves to make you look like a miserable jerk.

Lighten up, Francis.

[quote user="Mr 4-6-0"]

I know that he is now playing at a lower level, but, todays result means that he''s scored 4 goals already for Huddersfield.

Huddersfield seemed to indicate that they signed him for less than £1 million.  Just wondered whether this is viewed as good business?

Personally, I would rather have kept him and got rid of Becchio.

[/quote]Agreed. Not only that but, all of Huddersfields'' points so far we came from his goals.  Last season CH picked Jackson over him into the squad probably because of his injury record, although during pre-season he looked our best striking option. In hindsight, Hoots was wrong, Vaughan could have easily impressed. We''ll probably never find out how good or bad he''d be in the top tier, unless Huddersfield gets promoted (ehrm...unlikely), or some PL (or more realistically a promotion chasing Champ) side takes a punt on him. 

"Houston Canary"For some of us, it''s nice to get the odd update on a former Canary. It''s even nicer if someone else has the info and puts it on here so all we need to do is read their post rather than research it.

Resrenting such threads is stupid. Ignoring the thread is the way to go if you''re not interested in it. Coming on here to bittch about it only serves to make you look like a miserable jerk.

Lighten up, Francis.

Not that I''m uninterested in finding out what our ex players are up to, I read this post as a snide dig at our manager. It''s good for Vaughan that he is doing well but he has gone and he ain''t coming back.

They''re living in the past, man.

I like to hear about ex-players.   Vaughan for me though, never really featured enough for me to have formed much attachment.  As far as I am aware he wanted away quite early on in his stay and that it was inevitable he wouldn''t stay long.   Never featured much in the league and although gives 100% when on the field needed to play regularly  - that too meant it inevitable he would go.  Doesn''t stop me wishing him well though and will be impressed on a footballing level, if he continues to stay fit and carry on scoring goals. 

Fact is he didn''t enjoy being at our club. He was far too cool a dude to enjoy our City nightlife.

On that basis I do not think it was even considered keeping him. I followed him on twitter when he went to Hudders. Not once did he mention us although he is friendly with some of our squad.

I actually like hearing about our ex players but I will be one cool happy dude if i never hear about him again.

I thank you

Hah! Good line, Herman.

I imagine there is an element of "gotcha" in these threads but most of the mood seems to reflect genuine interest on these threads.

For this one in particular I''m with BY. He hardly played for us so there was never anything more than a passing interest or curiosity about him from me. It''s certainly not a criticism of team management. You can''t handle the truth.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Fact is he didn''t enjoy being at our club. He was far too cool a dude to enjoy our City nightlife.

On that basis I do not think it was even considered keeping him. I followed him on twitter when he went to Hudders. Not once did he mention us although he is friendly with some of our squad.

I actually like hearing about our ex players but I will be one cool happy dude if i never hear about him again.

I thank you[/quote]
Bit harsh. He had a frustrating time here, hardly featured due to injury, then was shipped out on loan to Huddersfield by a manager who probably plans to sign a striker which didn''t materialise (resulting in Harry Kane''s arrival instead).
Not his fault that it didn''t work out, sure he''d have loved to have been loved if given the opportunity but the bloke had a bit of a nightmare here and good luck to him in his fresh start. Gave his all in his few appearances, good enough for me.

There will always be players, good players, who it doesnt work out for at certain clubs for a multitude of reasons. It didnt work out for him, but I would guess the management are not surprised he is doing well at Huddersfield, it happens and will happen again.

As for updates on ex City players, I really cant see what the problem is? They ARE part of the club''s history and its only natural for some supporters to take an interest in how they are doing, and if they want to come on here and give an update, then that''s fine..isnt it? In fact, I would like to see more updates....I was wondering the other day what ever happened to Jim Blair and Willie Young?

@Pilkington_11: Another hat-trick for my man @vaughany08 the guy is on flames! Thought we should have kept him but our loss is a big gain for @htafcdotcom

Interesting tweet from Pilks today. Odd thing for him to say if we are to believe what some posters have said about him wanting away?

Dont forget Pilks came from Hudderfield so he will "support" them a little. However it is a bit concerning that he would voice his thoughts about buying  / selling team mates !? That said, only the dole seekers dont realise how sad it can be to lose a co-worker mate to a new job.

Knuckles will be a bit sore on Tuesday, or hopefully tomorrow after today''s performance.