Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Who makes way for Fer?

I have to agree with Canary Call on this one... Think Fer and johnson/tettey CMs with Howson in the hole will be the way to go v hull,

saying that, I''m prepared for the abuse from a certain poster for not having Hoolahan in.

nothing against Hoolahan, however, he can still play an important role this season, but with Howsons continued improvement, he WILL take over that spot soon enough, and games like Hull will be a good test/experience for him.

Wes didn''t have his best game today, but he still has plenty to offer us and will play a big part for us again this season, like he always does.

Some fantastic touches at times today, but overdid things a few times too. Far from awful though, just one of those days where it didn''t quite come off for him on the whole.

Who Fer comes in for I guess depends on the opposition, and who else is available.

Wes. I think with Johnson, Howson and Fer we will have better balance. Both Howson and Fer can give cover while the other one pushes forwards. Wes will still play an important role this season though.

l hate to say it but on today''s performance Wes would have to make way!

However l do see a lot more rotation in the midfield this year!

This will help us greatly!

Snake

Howson was appalling for most of the match. We lost central midfield for much of the game. Hughton was berating him from the technical area for not closing opponents down and he looked even more lost when forced into Wes''s role.The Howson of the Man City/West Brom games rarely turns up. Instead we get this dross. I can''t think of a more frustrating player. Frustrating because he has talent, but not the regular application.For me, it''s Fer and someone else to be purchased before the end of the transfer window. Then it''s goodbye to our Championship-standard central midfield.

Don''t know how after today''s performance you can say anyone other than Howson.

Hoolahan wasn''t great, neither was Johnson. But Howson was dire. And as already mentioned its so frustrating because he''s clearly a talented player. But today he had nothing, most of his passes were inaccurate, only showed a couple glimpses of any kind of attacking usefulness. Lost the ball when trying to run, rarely got anywhere near close to an Everton player. Johnson was far from his best, his passing wasn''t too bad, but still not great, he won the ball a few times in the first half, not as much in the second but often had to control the midfield on his own. Hoolahan did a few good things, but mostly couldn''t really get hold of the ball. And all our decent play went through Bennett and Redmond.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.[/quote]

You''re delusional if you think Johnson was worse than Howson today. You''re also delusional if you think Hughton will play Fer, Howson and Hoolahan.

Agree that Wes will drop to the bench, but hasn''t Fer been playing in the hole in most of pre-season? I think we will see Fer/Howson/Wes at some point just not very often.

Purely from looking at todays game I think our performance was crying out for Fer''s class in the middle of the park. Again on todays performance I would try him at centre mid with Tettey over Johnson - Tettey playing the more defensive role allowing Fer to rampage forward when he wants. That way we get an extra body going forward than if we just play him behind Van Wolfswinkel. Fer and Tettey in the middle and for me it''s still Hoolahan behind Van Wolfswinkel at the mo.

Thought Howson had a good game myself, especially when played in his preferred role. We were infinitely better going forward once Hoolahan came off and Tettey came on.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.[/quote]Well that''s most of us then because quite obviously it will be Wes who drops out.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.[/quote]

You''re delusional if you think Johnson was worse than Howson today. You''re also delusional if you think Hughton will play Fer, Howson and Hoolahan.[/quote]

Fer howson and hoolahan is our strongest midfield. GP your constant backing of BJ proves how irrelevant your opinion is.

Howson had a good game?

That''s funnier than any of the extremely biased anti Johnson claims. I can only assume posters like Lincoln are like the guy who sat behind me, who berated Johnson on the few occasions he gave the ball away, it really wasn''t that many, but stayed quiet at times when Johnson made blocks in the box, cleared the ball, won the ball, tried to actually start attacks, gave the ball to Redmond, went up and won two headers in a row. Funny how people who don''t like him ignore all of that...

Howson was better in the hole, its clear that he likes to attack but is asked to sit back. We will get the best out of him when hes allowed to play more freely.Lincoln, how you can pop at BJ is beyond me ! I guess your manhood is intimidated by his beard ?

I would have said Johnson if hoops had a good game but I hope we can attract that player for that position this week.

I would prefer fer in the midfield rather than directly supporting the forward but again hoops was no goal threat today.

So possibly hoops dropping down to the bench, I always believe from the bench he is better but we will have to see if we can bring someone in.

fer is playing against the hull city tigers and simply one of those three is going to drop

Just hope we can bring in these other players so that some of the first 11 today become first team squad players giving bus depth.

We need to beat hull city tigers, we have the players to do it and we should be targeting maximum points from the promoted teams and be cut throat about it.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.[/quote]

You''re delusional if you think Johnson was worse than Howson today. You''re also delusional if you think Hughton will play Fer, Howson and Hoolahan.[/quote]

Fer howson and hoolahan is our strongest midfield. GP your constant backing of BJ proves how irrelevant your opinion is.[/quote]

I could say the exact same of you, infact you are so anti-Johnson that your opinion is much more irrelevant than mine because I''m perfectly willing to admit his shortcomings.

Anyway, we''ll see next week. Johnson will be starting. And I really couldn''t care less what you have to say about him.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.[/quote]Well that''s most of us then because quite obviously it will be Wes who drops out.[/quote]

Lol. Wake up and remember our recent history. Wes is the heartbeat of everything good. I feel for the guy though, anything other than exceptional and his blasted. Yet BJ, he''s world class, lol.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lincoln canary"]BJ. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.[/quote]

Fer howson and hoolahan is our strongest midfield. GP your constant backing of BJ proves how irrelevant your opinion is.[/quote]

I could say the exact same of you, infact you are so anti-Johnson that your opinion is much more irrelevant than mine because I''m perfectly willing to admit his shortcomings.

Anyway, we''ll see next week. Johnson will be starting. And I really couldn''t care less what you have to say about him.[/quote]

No chance. Any side with wes in is stronger than a side with BJ in. End of.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Fer howson and hoolahan is our strongest midfield. GP your constant backing of BJ proves how irrelevant your opinion is.[/quote]Lincoln, can i have some of that crack you are smoking please ?Sounds like its the puppies privates from the dribble your spouting !!