Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pardew Houghton Swap Deal?

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m not saying Houghton has done a bad job, just he might not be the right man for our club. Reckon we could still work out but if we''re honest, I reckon 99% of that same universe Lakey mentions would have Lambert back here like a whippet if they could. Better football and a winning mentality, not setting up for a point against Fulham and Stoke.[/quote]

I''m one of those who''d have Lambert back in a heartbeat Bor, whilst Hughton did well for us last season (keeping us up) the same negative, defensive attitude was STILL there against Everton.

And I fear he''ll set out not to lose against Hull too....and that would be suicidal imo.

[/quote]

I really thought you would know better Wiz but it looks like Bor has caught you too. [:P]

[/quote]

Even if he''s ''caught me'' or not Til, I still got my opinion across, it was sincere.

[/quote]

I have to agree with Wiz, this is my greatest fear too. I am fed up to the back teeth of CH setting his teams up not to lose. When will he learn that the true football fans at FCR demand that their team is set up without any defensive nous what so ever and that they employ a kamikazi attacking spirit as I mentioned in a previous post. Lets start deploying at least 6 strikers on the pitch at any one time. Bassong, Turner, R Bennett and Javier should all be sold, preferably in part exchange deals with any U21 International strikers that have scored more than 1 goal at Senior level (after all our strikers are far too old). It is unacceptable for any Norwich manager to set up his teams expecting them not to lose. I miss Bryan Gunn. [:''(]

P.S.  Please visit my website and sign my petition to the club to bring back Gary Doherty. www.wereudroppedonurheadasachild.com

[/quote]

Dumb.

I keep reading "Whoosh" and it does appear to come from those close to BBB.

I am still missing the humour and I still cannot see why it is so obviously a windup except to those who get whatever in jokes are contained.

After all, it is far less lunatic than some other posts on here which are intended seriously.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I keep reading "Whoosh" and it does appear to come from those close to BBB.

I am still missing the humour and I still cannot see why it is so obviously a windup except to those who get whatever in jokes are contained.

After all, it is far less lunatic than some other posts on here which are intended seriously.

[/quote]BBB is obviously someone''s second account, just for amusement, whose, I have no idea.Are you honestly telling me that you think the opening post is in any way serious? Have you ever actually heard of two clubs swapping managers? Do you think, given both managers current situations that anyone in their right mind would agree to this deal, if it were possible?Seriously?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m not saying Houghton has done a bad job, just he might not be the right man for our club. Reckon we could still work out but if we''re honest, I reckon 99% of that same universe Lakey mentions would have Lambert back here like a whippet if they could. Better football and a winning mentality, not setting up for a point against Fulham and Stoke.[/quote]

I''m one of those who''d have Lambert back in a heartbeat Bor, whilst Hughton did well for us last season (keeping us up) the same negative, defensive attitude was STILL there against Everton.

And I fear he''ll set out not to lose against Hull too....and that would be suicidal imo.

[/quote]

I really thought you would know better Wiz but it looks like Bor has caught you too. [:P]

[/quote]

Even if he''s ''caught me'' or not Til, I still got my opinion across, it was sincere.

[/quote]I have to agree with Wiz, this is my greatest fear too. I am fed up to the back teeth of CH setting his teams up not to lose. When will he learn that the true football fans at FCR demand that their team is set up without any defensive nous what so ever and that they employ a kamikazi attacking spirit as I mentioned in a previous post. Lets start deploying at least 6 strikers on the pitch at any one time. Bassong, Turner, R Bennett and Javier should all be sold, preferably in part exchange deals with any U21 International strikers that have scored more than 1 goal at Senior level (after all our strikers are far too old). It is unacceptable for any Norwich manager to set up his teams expecting them not to lose. I miss Bryan Gunn. [:''(]P.S.  Please visit my website and sign my petition to the club to bring back Gary Doherty. www.wereudroppedonurheadasachild.com[/quote]

Dumb.

[/quote]I am hurt and offended by your retort. That''s the last time I support a view of yours. [:P]

It was obviously a wind up and attempt at humour.   However, even on the level of a wind up,  would anyone defend the constant misspelling of the manager''s name?  Is that funny?   The humour, in that case is far too subtle for me - and for most of us. 

I entirely agree Morty at any rational level it is bonkers but I return to my essential point.

Is this more lunatic than some apparently serious posts?   It is no longer obvious which posts are windups because the level of comment is often beyond parody.   Put another way, people have such strange ideas and views that there is little point trying to be ironic any more.

Fast forward three years and you fickle lot will be calling him Who?ton and rueing the day he showed up here.

Picking on spelling is the last refuge for those who know they''ve lost the argument, that''s my experience.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Wiz: dumb.

Agreed.  Just like this whole thread.

[/quote]

Says the poster who by my count has posted 10 times on it. Really LDC take a step back and think before you post handing out lectures on what is after all just an internet messageboard. [:D]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Fast forward three years and you fickle lot will be calling him Who?ton and rueing the day he showed up here.

Picking on spelling is the last refuge for those who know they''ve lost the argument, that''s my experience.[/quote]

Rubbish.   How often does the manager''s name have to be misspelled,  before it becomes insulting? 

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]Wiz: dumb.  Agreed.  Just like this whole thread.[/quote]Says the poster who by my count has posted 10 times on it. Really

LDC take a step back and think before you post handing out lectures on

what is after all just an internet messageboard. [:D]
[/quote]

Yes, the dumbness does include my posts too.  No problem with that.   That''s where you and I differ though.   To you maybe and a few others this board has no more than a playground mentality to it.   To others, me included its a more important contact for me with other fans who are genuinely wanting to discuss the football club,  but who get constantly harrassed and ridiculed for no good reason.   Bor Bor Bor''s type of wind up is seen by your sort to be "clever" or "ironic" or whatever you want to call it.     To most of us its a pathetic wind up, not funny, not sardonic, not even clever.  

Most of us? You should name names LDC. All I see is a couple of whingeing, miserable old gits having a whine.And you seriously wonder why you get a hard time on here?

[quote user="morty"]Most of us? You should name names LDC. All I see is a couple of whingeing, miserable old gits having a whine.And you seriously wonder why you get a hard time on here?[/quote]

I only get a hard time from the same half-dozen or so posters.   It doesn''t bother me.   The question still hasn''t been answered.   How many times does it take for the name "Hughton" be misspelled before it becomes an insult, or at least disrespectful?    

Now then Lackey, who reckons you speak for "us"? By my reckoning you aren''t exactly representative of the majority on here. Most folk seem to accept the manager is less than they had hoped for in terms of dishing up entertaining football, but are clinging to hope that the sun''ll come out tomorrow.

Respect isn''t the issue, but I am happy to call him Mr. Houghton if it helps.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Most of us? You should name names LDC. All I see is a couple of whingeing, miserable old gits having a whine.And you seriously wonder why you get a hard time on here?[/quote]

I only get a hard time from the same half-dozen or so posters.   It doesn''t bother me.   The question still hasn''t been answered.   How many times does it take for the name "Hughton" be misspelled before it becomes an insult, or at least disrespectful?    

[/quote]Why don''t you take the rod out of your ass and stop getting your knickers so twisty about it?

There is no answer to that as the whole post was in jest (yes, I know you don''t get it) and the misspelling was part of the joke in that many genuinely spell his name wrong.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Now then Lackey, who reckons you speak for "us"? By my reckoning you aren''t exactly representative of the majority on here. Most folk seem to accept the manager is less than they had hoped for in terms of dishing up entertaining football, but are clinging to hope that the sun''ll come out tomorrow.

Respect isn''t the issue, but I am happy to call him Mr. Houghton if it helps.[/quote]

And you are representative?    You can put one side of it and I''ll put the other side of it.  That''s how it works.

Oh and btw - the sun came out on Saturday, in case you hadn''t noticed, in the way of Redmond, Whittaker, RVW and a few others.   

Now then Lakey. This "in" crowd. Am I part of it? I like to be in all these imaginary gangs remember. Webbo uncovered a new one last week - the "traditional" morons. Who do you think is in that one? And then there''s the pant wetters, the Houghton outers, and of course that old favourite the inner circle. Do you think you''re in any of them? Or are you perhaps part of another imaginary gang that''s so deep undercover that nobody''s noticed them?

[quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. This "in" crowd. Am I part of it? I like to be in all these imaginary gangs remember. Webbo uncovered a new one last week - the "traditional" morons. Who do you think is in that one? And then there''s the pant wetters, the Houghton outers, and of course that old favourite the inner circle. Do you think you''re in any of them? Or are you perhaps part of another imaginary gang that''s so deep undercover that nobody''s noticed them? [/quote]

I keep asking the people who think this thread is funny or has some humour in it, at what stage does it become disrespectful to misspell the manager''s name?    Bor seems to think its funny, as do you by the looks of things.  

Enjoy trying to goad me by all means, but as long as I look stupid keeping on writing on this thread, I can assure you that the few of you that keep replying to me look more stupid.     

Now, what about someone answering my question?  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. This "in" crowd. Am I part of it? I like to be in all these imaginary gangs remember. Webbo uncovered a new one last week - the "traditional" morons. Who do you think is in that one? And then there''s the pant wetters, the Houghton outers, and of course that old favourite the inner circle. Do you think you''re in any of them? Or are you perhaps part of another imaginary gang that''s so deep undercover that nobody''s noticed them? [/quote]

I keep asking the people who think this thread is funny or has some humour in it, at what stage does it become disrespectful to misspell the manager''s name?    Bor seems to think its funny, as do you by the looks of things.  

Enjoy trying to goad me by all means, but as long as I look stupid keeping on writing on this thread, I can assure you that the few of you that keep replying to me look more stupid.     

[/quote]I answered your question.The answer was "Take the rod out of your ass and stop letting it bother you"Frankly what you are proving here is that you are a man desperate for an argument, and like a dog with a bone, you won''t stop until you get one.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. This "in" crowd. Am I part of it? I like to be in all these imaginary gangs remember. Webbo uncovered a new one last week - the "traditional" morons. Who do you think is in that one? And then there''s the pant wetters, the Houghton outers, and of course that old favourite the inner circle. Do you think you''re in any of them? Or are you perhaps part of another imaginary gang that''s so deep undercover that nobody''s noticed them? [/quote]

[/quote]

I think this ia a very fair point. Andre Previn''s carrer never really recovered from him being called Mr Preview on the Morecambe and Wise Show.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

I think this ia a very fair point. Andre Previn''s carrer never really recovered from him being called Mr Preview on the Morecambe and Wise Show.

[/quote]

Yes and what about that detective in Cracker?

Being called panhandle didn''t seem to do her any harm...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And poor Vanilla Redgrave.  What might she have achieved?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Now then Lakey. This "in" crowd. Am I part of it? I like to be in all these imaginary gangs remember. Webbo uncovered a new one last week - the "traditional" morons. Who do you think is in that one? And then there''s the pant wetters, the Houghton outers, and of course that old favourite the inner circle. Do you think you''re in any of them? Or are you perhaps part of another imaginary gang that''s so deep undercover that nobody''s noticed them? [/quote]I keep asking the people who think this thread is funny or has some humour in it, at what stage does it become disrespectful to misspell the manager''s name?    Bor seems to think its funny, as do you by the looks of things.   Enjoy trying to goad me by all means, but as long as I look stupid keeping on writing on this thread, I can assure you that the few of you that keep replying to me look more stupid.      Now, what about someone answering my question?   [/quote]I answered your question.    The answer was "Take the rod out of your ass and stop letting it bother you" Frankly what you are proving here is that you are a man desperate for an argument, and like a dog with a bone, you won''t stop until you get one.[/quote]

Yeah, nice try Morty,  very intelligent. Now how about a proper answer?  

I think its high time our manager was shown a bit more respect by some posters on here, wouldn''t you agree?   He deserves better imo.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Seriously, that is the proper answer......[/quote]

Lol...[:|]

No you answered your question, not mine.

[/quote]I wish you all the very best in your quest for an answer.You are beyond my help.

Just imagine what LDC would be posting if he was a Newcastle fan about Joe Kinnear and his attempts to pronounce and spell players names.[;)]