Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pardew Houghton Swap Deal?

Why do you post stuff like this except to wind people up ? There is not a single reason why anyone would rate Pardew a better manager than Hughton unless of course you are an ITFC supporter.

Well, that just goes to show. No debate around here no more, no appetite for the tough questions. Good luck to the lot of you, and I hope that hotel stays in perpetuity.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well, that just goes to show. No debate around here no more, no appetite for the tough questions. Good luck to the lot of you, and I hope that hotel stays in perpetuity.[/quote]

No.   You''re wrong.   Plenty of reasoned debate.  Plenty of discussion and questions about the merits of what our manger is trying to do in developing and advancing the club -  and what stage that development is at.    Time will tell how far Hughton can take us, but if you have the feeling simmering away inside you that "Hooton in''t up to it"  I think you are going to be disappointed.  

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="morty"]Whoooooooooooooosh![/quote]

Fair enough but please explain because the humour is far too subtle for me.[/quote]

"whooooooosh"  is used by  people who want to think they are in on a joke with people they think they ought to be in with.  [;)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="morty"]Whoooooooooooooosh![/quote]

Fair enough but please explain because the humour is far too subtle for me.[/quote]Really its not amazingly obvious that the post is intended to be tongue in cheek?Its really that plausible and / or subtle?

Think how entertaining life would be if we swapped both David McInally and Chris Hughton for the renowned Newcastle United comedy duo of Alan Partridge and Roy Kinnear

I''m for it. But only if we can swap clubs as a whole. So St James'' Park

is moved down hear to replace FCR. A swap of all board members not just

McNally, after all aren''t Kinnear and Ashley possible the most astute

partnership in world football? We''d also need to swap kits, first team

squads, managers and most importantly trophy rooms. Before you dismiss

this idea as ludicrous, contemplate for just one moment, we would the be

a "massive" club because we won the league back in 1832 (or something

like that).

Id like to echo the earlier comment of who the ****@& hell is Houghton?

Really getting sick of it now, how the hell do people keep forgetting his bloody name? It baffles me how anyone can get any football names wrong, we hear them everyday.

There was an idiot on canary call saturday kept getting Garrido''s name wrong, even after Butler had said it mid conversation " So how did you think Garrido played?" " Yeah i think Gardio played well "

For christ sake people use your @&£&@& brain and lets get CH''s right for once, he''s been here a year for f@&£ sake.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Id like to echo the earlier comment of who the ****@& hell is Houghton?

Really getting sick of it now, how the hell do people keep forgetting his bloody name? It baffles me how anyone can get any football names wrong, we hear them everyday.

There was an idiot on canary call saturday kept getting Garrido''s name wrong, even after Butler had said it mid conversation " So how did you think Garrido played?" " Yeah i think Gardio played well "

For christ sake people use your @&£&@& brain and lets get CH''s right for once, he''s been here a year for f@&£ sake.[/quote]Ray Houghton - Born: 9/1/61 - 580 League appearances/67 goals - Republic of Ireland: 73/6 - Honours: Oxford United - League Cup (1985/86), Liverpool - 1st Division Title (1987/88, 1989/90), FA Cup (1988/89, 1991/92), FA Charity Shield (1989, 1990), Aston Villa - League Cup (1993/94). Throughout his career Houghton became a fan favourite wherever he

played, a true gentleman whose workrate and honesty was much admired.So now you know. [:)]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/DoubleFacePalm1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]I am impressed with his signings but still need to be convinced he can get them playing like a decent team.

Only time will tell, alternatively have Martin Oneill on speed dial for November.[/quote]Yes, he''s known for his free-flowing style of football....

I''m not saying Houghton has done a bad job, just he might not be the right man for our club. Reckon we could still work out but if we''re honest, I reckon 99% of that same universe Lakey mentions would have Lambert back here like a whippet if they could. Better football and a winning mentality, not setting up for a point against Fulham and Stoke.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m not saying Houghton has done a bad job, just he might not be the right man for our club. Reckon we could still work out but if we''re honest, I reckon 99% of that same universe Lakey mentions would have Lambert back here like a whippet if they could. Better football and a winning mentality, not setting up for a point against Fulham and Stoke.[/quote]

"Right for a club"?? At what stage does a manager become right for a club?  After he has built a successful side or before?  Oh hang on,  Hughton had a successful although difficult first season with some fantastic results along the way.   So he was successful in his first season.   Now he has brought in some great signings, last season and this, so  the chances are that the football will improve - meaning more success.  Also Hughton is known for fluid football throughout the team at his previous clubs so why should his aim be any different at Norwich.  

I wish those that think he isn''t "right"  for the club would say what they really think, rather than keep up this trickle of  thinly veiled unjustified anti-Hughton propoganda - hide behind humour if you like, BBB, but it doesn''t hide your agenda.   

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well, that''s novel. I thought I was saying what I really thought. What do you think I really think?[/quote]

The  constant dis-respect to the manager by misspelling his name on purpose - is not funny, humourous, sardonic or in any way clever. 

It is disrespect pure and simple - so why do you disrespect him Bor?  

Oh dear oh dear this is my first look at this thread and whoooooosh does not even cover it. It is like shooting fish in a barrel and I cannot believe how many have been taken in by Bor. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh dear oh dear this is my first look at this thread and whoooooosh does not even cover it. It is like shooting fish in a barrel and I cannot believe how many have been taken in by Bor. [;)][/quote]

You can scoff, but wind up merchant that he is, there is always an underlying agenda with Bor.    It may be seen as "funny" or "humourous" to mispell the manager''s name once.  But the constant  mispelling is disrespectful.    So what is it?   Humour or disrespect?  

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m not saying Houghton has done a bad job, just he might not be the right man for our club. Reckon we could still work out but if we''re honest, I reckon 99% of that same universe Lakey mentions would have Lambert back here like a whippet if they could. Better football and a winning mentality, not setting up for a point against Fulham and Stoke.[/quote]

I''m one of those who''d have Lambert back in a heartbeat Bor, whilst Hughton did well for us last season (keeping us up) the same negative, defensive attitude was STILL there against Everton.

And I fear he''ll set out not to lose against Hull too....and that would be suicidal imo.

[quote user="lake districk canery"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh dear oh dear this is my first look at this thread and whoooooosh does not even cover it. It is like shooting fish in a barrel and I cannot believe how many have been taken in by Bor. [;)][/quote]

You can scoff, but wind up merchant that he is, there is always an underlying agenda with Bor.    It may be seen as "funny" or "humourous" to mispell the manager''s name once.  But the constant  mispelling is disrespectful.    So what is it?   Humour or disrespect?  

[/quote]

Keep biting LDC as some of us see this thread for what is was intended. [:''(]

[quote user="Wiz"]

I''m one of those who''d have Lambert back in a heartbeat Bor, whilst Hughton did well for us last season (keeping us up) the same negative, defensive attitude was STILL there against Everton.

And I fear he''ll set out not to lose against Hull too....and that would be suicidal imo.

[/quote]

I really thought you would know better Wiz but it looks like Bor has caught you too. [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Funny, isn''t it.   The only ones who seem to get the joke is the "in" crowd, or to be more accurate, the ones who like to think they are the"in" crowd.

[/quote]

Pathetic response,very pathetic indeed. If that is what you have resorted to I will leave you to keep digging.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

I really thought you would know better Wiz but it looks like Bor has caught you too. [:P]

[/quote]

Even if he''s ''caught me'' or not Til, I still got my opinion across, it was sincere.

LDC wrote.

You can scoff, but wind up merchant that he is, there is always an underlying agenda with Bor. It may be seen as "funny" or "humourous" to mispell the manager''s name once. But the constant mispelling is disrespectful. So what is it? Humour or disrespect?

Anyone else see the irony?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Even if he''s ''caught me'' or not Til, I still got my opinion across, it was sincere.

[/quote]I have to agree with Wiz, this is my greatest fear too. I am fed up to the back teeth of CH setting his teams up not to lose. When will he learn that the true football fans at FCR demand that their team is set up without any defensive nous what so ever and that they employ a kamikazi attacking spirit as I mentioned in a previous post. Lets start deploying at least 6 strikers on the pitch at any one time. Bassong, Turner, R Bennett and Javier should all be sold, preferably in part exchange deals with any U21 International strikers that have scored more than 1 goal at Senior level (after all our strikers are far too old). It is unacceptable for any Norwich manager to set up his teams expecting them not to lose. I miss Bryan Gunn. [:''(]P.S.  Please visit my website and sign my petition to the club to bring back Gary Doherty. www.wereudroppedonurheadasachild.com

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]LDC wrote.

You can scoff, but wind up merchant that he is, there is always an underlying agenda with Bor. It may be seen as "funny" or "humourous" to mispell the manager''s name once. But the constant mispelling is disrespectful. So what is it? Humour or disrespect?

Anyone else see the irony?[/quote]The meter I use to measure irony just broke.