Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Pardew Houghton Swap Deal?

Like what we did with Morrison and Becchio, what do you boys reckon to swapping Houghton for Pardew? Could benefit both clubs, Geordies love Houghton and Pardew plays a better style of football that''s more in keeping with our roots.

I know Pardew would come here if asked, he''s sick of the Ashley shenanigans. And Ashley would need a popular man to replace him with. Like my boy would say, that''s a win win.

No way. Pardew is pretty inept. Hughton is getting it right here, judge him at Christmas.

Would rather be managed by Ronald Mcdonald.

In fact I honestly cant think of anyone I would want less (except maybe Roeder & Hamilton)

Makes me shudder just to think of it.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Who the fucking hell is Houghton?[/quote]

Houghton as in Houghton Hall and Pardew as in Pardew Robinson. I think Bor is on to something with this swap idea. We send Newcastle an old building and they send us a dead comic actor. Win win win!

Bor Bor Bor''s attention seeking/wind up skills at their best - or worst.  

Hughton is Norwich - 99% of us know it and are used to it.  

The 1%  that are still trying to get their anti CH agenda going are wasting their time.  

No way. At the present moment there isn''t anyone I''d swap for Hughton.

He has been putting ''his'' team together, has built from the back and this season has made some excellent attacking additons. Give Hughton until the end of this season and I think we''ll see a solid team, that attacks as a unit swiftly and fluidly.

I''m really excited about the Hughton era and can''t wait until the team comes to fruition.

Imagine getting a new manager now and watching it all start again from scratch, would be a nightmare.

I am impressed with his signings but still need to be convinced he can get them playing like a decent team.

Only time will tell, alternatively have Martin Oneill on speed dial for November.

What a fantastic post Bor. Just what this forum needs. Great to see a bit of blue sky, out of the box thinking. If Ashley doesn''t play ball how about asking Sir Alex to come out of retirement? I''ve heard that he has fond memories of a boyhood holiday in Cromer so tempting him to Norfolk will be easy.

Hughton inherited a team that was out performing, he added Bassong and Snodgrass, Tettey, but didn''t get the attack right, so we had to play defensiveminded with the team we had last year, his only failing was not getting up front correct, we built from the back.This summer we have added the "Wolf" 8.5million & Hooper 5Million and lost Holt but also added Redmond & fer.Plus it looks like we are after 2 more.That''s impressive.Judge him after Xmas as with the Everton game we were missing Hooper, Snodgrass and fer & Bassong 4 likely starters, with those 4 added we can go on the attack, against Everton we weren''t the threat we could have been but still managed 2 goals.

This season will be a lot easier to stay up watch and see. 

I will rehash something I have said before, but a current member of our Board has said that Pardew is an ''odious man''. I would rather keep this Board member than have Pardew

OFFS, when was the last time anyone can remember the club spend in the window like we have done so far, and with around ÂŁ18 mil still available If he should chose to use, No manger IN MY LIFE has been trusted with such an amount, Not even Lambert had that trust from the board. So lets get on with job I hand that being attend and support and TRUST IN HOOTS.  

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

I will rehash something I have said before, but a current member of our Board has said that Pardew is an ''odious man''. I would rather keep this Board member than have Pardew

[/quote]

I met Alan Pardew at a BBQ a few years ago, he was well mannered and polite. Its very possible that this changes quickly if you get on the wrong side of him i will add.

I have no doubt that he could be charming CC, on a social occasion. My comment is relating to a football experience at Carrow Road (there have been one or two in our time!) and , yes he was the opposition manager, but it highlighted that he had let the pressure get to him. So I will, (and you also?) will stick with Mr Cool and Dignified.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Would rather be managed by Ronald Mcdonald.

In fact I honestly cant think of anyone I would want less (except maybe Roeder & Hamilton)

Makes me shudder just to think of it.[/quote]I''m lovin it

So, LDC, where do you get these stats that 99% of supporters are behind Hughton?!

I don''t want him out but I''m still very much in the ''undecided'' category re CH.

[quote user="Ferk off"]So, LDC, where do you get these stats that 99% of supporters are behind Hughton?!

I don''t want him out but I''m still very much in the ''undecided'' category re CH.[/quote]

The % thing  was not meant to be a stat, more of a reflection of what I hope is the case - that most of us are behind the manager.    

What  is there to be undecided about?   He is the manager.   We get behind him, don''t we?   We try to see what he is trying to achieve and how he is going about it - and support him.     A successful first season, difficult - as we all accept - but still successful.    And some great results and performances in the process. 

The development continues, some great looking signings to compliment the approach we now have - an organised approach that will be the envy of many teams that we play.  Not defensive,but organised, with increased quality through midfield and attack.  

I don''t know why people are undecided about Hughton, to me we  accept him and support what he is doing.   If there are people that still want him gone, I find that disturbing  and suspect their agenda has nothing to do with football at all.

FFS, is it April the 1st, this is the most ridiculous post i have ever seen, and i should know, i''ve been responsible for a few! Pardew is a complete and utter arse, and by all accounts apparently not well respected by his peers in the game. The bloke idolises himself, please throw this thread away, i was having a nice day until i read this absolute tosh!

There are times a thread should disappear, and this load of ball cocks is one.

I would rather cut my writing arm off with a penknife and chew on the offcut than have him as manager.

I cant think of anyone i dislike on the touchline as that bloke. (yes even after Rodent)