Sign in to follow this  
peateabee

Finnbogason - 3.25m bid

Unfortunately not a bid from us. Celtic have bid 3.25m for Alfred Finnbogason, a player i certainly like the look of and one that i''ve seen mentioned on these boards a few times. That could turn out to be a real bargain. For that money even having signed Hooper i''d love to see us move for him - particularly if Hooper''s injury is bad. I doubt we will, but i think theres a potential bargain to be had there. It maybe not a priority to sign a third goalscoring striker this summer, but sometimes when good players become available for good money, it pays to indulge a little, particularly if other forward options such as Quagliarella are not going to come to fruition. Van Wolkswinkel, Hooper and Finnbogason is certainly a strike force with a shedload of goals in it. Might force us to play two up top sometimes as well.

£3.25 million for Finnbogason would be an absolute steal. I would have thought that £5 million would be closer to the mark. I totally agree that he would be an excellent purchase even at that price with a great potential sell-on value.

Why aren''t we in for this guy? Superb scoring rate and only 5 million. Forget Quag and Toi, this is the chap we want. Celtic in for him now and if they succeed, they''ve got a real bargain!

Third highest scorer in the Dutch league and a good age he looks a real prospect. Given that we look to be scouting in the low countries I am surprised he has not been on our radar. Could see him being a 30 goals a season man for Celtic

Hey! You have already took our best striker, you better not try and hi-jack our move for his replacement.We won''t get him for £3.25, reports today are we''ve now bid €6m, don''t know how accurate they are though. Would love it if we get him.