Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Players out - Why does Worthy never demand a transfer fee?

several posters have mentioned the fact, that we never seem to ask for a fee these days when releasing players. it seems to be a bit of a worthyism, and is probably done for the best of reasons to make for a speedy and less complicated transfer. but i dont see why there always has to be such a tremendous rush to bring transfer negotiations to a swift conclusion. surely we could have sought a transfer fee for some of the "talent" that has left the club. i shall be extremely angry if greeno or francis or ashton go for derisory sums of money.

Of the players released this summer only Crow could have attracted a fee, the rest leaving ona  bosman in any event.  Given the very depressed state of lower league transfer fees I do think this would have blocked Crows movement and in the interest of the lad a free was justified.

Only McVeigh has any contract left to run and Worthy has indeed put him on the transfer list, seeking a fee should we be able to sell him this summer.   One the season gets underway I cant see much interest as Paul will look to move on for a bosman the next summer and possibly more wages as a transfer fee has been saved.

OTBC